Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

War Plan Black?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930 >> War Plan Black? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
War Plan Black? - 11/2/2013 1:11:20 AM   
Connfire

I know this has nothing to do with War Plan Orange, but I've always maintained the game is a form of alternate history.

And this upcoming book does take place in our time period...

"By the author of breakout WW II era alternate history Himmler’s War and Rising Sun, a compelling alternate history thriller. After winning WW I, Germany invades America in 1920, marching through California and Texas as a desperate nation resists.

"Consider another 1920: Imperial Germany has become the most powerful nation in the world. In 1914, she had crushed England, France, and Russia in a war that was short but entirely devastating.

"By 1920, Kaiser Wilhelm II is looking for new lands to devour. The United States is fast becoming an economic super-power and the only nation that can conceivably threaten Germany. The U.S. is militarily inept, however, and is led by a sick and delusional president who wanted to avoid war at any price. Thus, Germany is able to ship a huge army to Mexico to support a puppet government.

"Her real goal: the invasion and permanent conquest of California and Texas.

"America desperately resists as the mightiest and most brutal army in the world in a battle fought on land, at sea, and in the air as enemy armies savagely marched up on California, and move north towards a second Battle of the Alamo. Only the indomitable spirit of freedom can answer the Kaiser's challenge".

This title will be released on December 3, 2013.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Connfire -- 11/2/2013 1:13:17 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: War Plan Black? - 11/6/2013 10:54:20 PM   
histgamer

People love to think if Germany won either World War they would have invaded the US. I supose WWI is at least more plausible in that the German Navy was a true force but they likely would have little motivation as WWI Germany was not bent on world conquest.

(in reply to Connfire)
Post #: 2
RE: War Plan Black? - 11/8/2013 3:26:33 PM   
Connfire

I'm just wrapping up the first book I've ever read by the same author, Rising Sun, which imagines a Pacific War after the Americans lost the Battle of Midway. Some of the stuff he came up with is very plausible, others are more out there. I'll read 1920 if for nothing else the pulp fiction value, before I reserve judgment. Off the top of my head I'm wondering if he addresses the fact that most of heavy units in the High Seas Fleet warships didn't have the range which the US and Royal Navy units had.

My next read will probably be another book by the same author - 1901, which he wrote in 1995. Same concept, only a different year. Germany demands US territories seized during the Spanish-American War. When the US says no, Germany takes Long Island, marches into New York City, and then into New England. I'm kind of curious to see how this one goes, especially considering I live in this area and am very much into local history as well.

< Message edited by Connfire -- 11/8/2013 4:27:34 PM >

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930 >> War Plan Black? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI