Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Arty not working?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Arty not working? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Arty not working? - 9/8/2012 10:11:27 PM   
k9mike

Has anyone ever had the arty not perform like it supposed to in the toolbar? Have a situation where it is failing to refresh from last use...even though it shows that it should be available..(it is grey). I had ary set up and cancelled the mission, but it was on turn when it was going to be inbound...the smoke shells landed and such...but the arty never refreshed for further use. That was like 6 turns ago. Anyone?
Post #: 1
RE: Arty not working? - 9/8/2012 10:23:42 PM   
Andy Brown

Ammo?

(in reply to k9mike)
Post #: 2
RE: Arty not working? - 9/8/2012 10:32:38 PM   
k9mike

I dont think so Andy. i have only used it once, and that was using the Smoke rounds...should have regular He ammo...Dont get it. It has had way too long to refresh and it shows that I have some to shoot, but it is "Greyed" out and wont show the ammo portion. Not sure. Thanks for reply
Mike
*Going to try and take a screenshot so you can see what I am talking about

< Message edited by k9mike -- 9/8/2012 10:54:58 PM >

(in reply to Andy Brown)
Post #: 3
RE: Arty not working? - 9/8/2012 11:53:33 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: k9mike

Has anyone ever had the arty not perform like it supposed to in the toolbar? Have a situation where it is failing to refresh from last use...even though it shows that it should be available..(it is grey). I had ary set up and cancelled the mission, but it was on turn when it was going to be inbound...the smoke shells landed and such...but the arty never refreshed for further use. That was like 6 turns ago. Anyone?

I think there is a bug where if you cancel an artillery strike in the turn or phase after plotting it, but before it starts to arrive, it will no longer be available for use. This has been added to our bug list.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to k9mike)
Post #: 4
RE: Arty not working? - 9/13/2012 12:19:20 PM   
k9mike

Funny thing Rick....is that it actually got off the salvo of smoke rounds but after that nothing...
It show that I should of had it. But the button showing the spot indirect fire was red an the side box one that opens up was grey an it last the rest of the game like that.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 5
RE: Arty not working? - 9/13/2012 6:18:23 PM   
rickier65

quote:

Funny thing Rick....is that it actually got off the salvo of smoke rounds but after that nothing...
It show that I should of had it. But the button showing the spot indirect fire was red an the side box one that opens up was grey an it last the rest of the game like that.

With some help from the Dev team I was able to duplicate that problem.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to k9mike)
Post #: 6
RE: Arty not working? - 9/14/2012 12:05:13 AM   
k9mike

No prob Rick. Hey, were they ever thinking of having the actual moblie arty in the map itself?? meaning...Instead of having it off map...Have the 3-4 Wespe actuallly on the map and give direct and indirect fire by just clicking on the individual unit, or whole platoon and send a barrage in at players own discreation. They would have XXX amount of ammo and if there is a command unit in visual would give better accuracy and such. This would be really nice and could give you the arty you need...when you need it. Sure could have used it on those pesky AT Guns...lol

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 7
RE: Arty not working? - 9/14/2012 4:58:34 AM   
rickier65

quote:

No prob Rick. Hey, were they ever thinking of having the actual moblie arty in the map itself?? meaning...Instead of having it off map...Have the 3-4 Wespe actuallly on the map and give direct and indirect fire by just clicking on the individual unit, or whole platoon and send a barrage in at players own discreation. They would have XXX amount of ammo and if there is a command unit in visual would give better accuracy and such. This would be really nice and could give you the arty you need...when you need it. Sure could have used it on those pesky AT Guns...lol

That certainly sounds reasonable to me. Make sure you check out the mod for improved random battles, it effects the unit mix so that there shouldn't be quite so many AT guns appearing.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=3163545

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to k9mike)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Arty not working? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI