Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CINCSoPac/SWPac

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> After Action Reports >> CINCSoPac/SWPac Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CINCSoPac/SWPac - 5/19/2002 2:37:42 AM   
Rob Roberson

#16 Historical Japanese sub doctrine is off, difficulty is historical 1 day turns.

I have been handed command of the entire south Pacific region until the army can appoint someone to take command of the defense of Australia. I will post my flag on the island of New Caledonia. It is a gathering point of ships and supplies and it is where I believe my defense of the Coral Sea region can be most effective.

Our current statis is one of need. After the Battle of the Coral Sea (and the loss of Lexington in said battle) all major US Naval units have been withdrawn to by order of CinCPac. As of today, 1 June 1942 I find myself with a major shortage in both men and materials. Despite these limitations I have been given the following orders and will use what men and materials we have on hand currently to do the job.

1. Reinforce Buna, the next expected area of forward Japanese movement.

2. Build up Port Moresby and make it a supply center for the entire southwest Pacific Region.

3. Prepare units in the South Pacific for an expansion into the Solomon Islands.

I am told that I must act quickly in the case of the Buna area a Japanese landing is expected at that area at anytime. I will use elements of the 10th Australian Brigade to reinforce the area. The men and material are currently boarding a transport task force led by the Destroyer Farragut and will depart as soon as loaded. Friendly CAP will be provided by Moresby as soon as the Task Force is in range.

I have decided to make Moresby a major fighter base. The Japanese will no doubt visit the area every day from Rabaul I intend to make the visits unwelcomed and will transfer as many army fighters as the base will hold.

I have decided to send elements of the 182nd RCT commanded by Col Hogan to San Cristobal. The 182nd will provide security for the 57th Engineer Battalion commanded by LTC Lindsey. I will build a fighter strip on the south end of the island to cover help provide air cover for future operations into the Tulagi/Lunda region. This landing will be led by Captain Getting of the USS Canberra. There will be no air cover for this operation. We feel due to the lack of Japanese intel is this area, that there are no major Japanese units in the area that can prevent the landings at San Cristobal. It is a risky move, but I believe the risk is low.

I will move major bomber units to Luganville to begin the harrassment of Japanese units at Lunga. They have begun to build an airfield there and I will attempt to hamper that progress until I receive enough men and materials to make a landing there.

I have asked CinCPac for a reinforcement of ships and men for operations in this area. They will be forthcoming, but are involved a yet unnamed operation.

1 June 1942
Admiral Robert S Roberson, commanding
Post #: 1
3 June 1942 - 5/19/2002 3:01:23 AM   
Rob Roberson

Task Force 202 led by Captain Getting of the Canberra is underway. I saw them off personally this morning. I feel as if I am sending these men to their deaths due to the lack of support I can give them. I have told them to press forward to San Cristobal no matter what units are in the area. I can only hope the lack of ship sightings in the region by my coastwatchers and the rumored actions in the central pacific have the bulk of the Japanese navy occupied until I can slip these men into that island.

Rabaul, as predicted, is getting a daily pounding by Japanse land based air. I will continue to rotate fresh fighters into that area and give as good as we get. The airfield is currently holed but repairable.

Admiral Robert Roberson commanding,

3 June 1942

(in reply to Rob Roberson)
Post #: 2
4 June 1942 - 5/19/2002 3:13:50 AM   
Rob Roberson

Task Force 201, the reinforcement of Buna left Brisbane this morning.

Intelligence believes that there is a Japanese convoy just north of Gili Gili. I have dispatched two submarines to the area. I will probably send some air to the area from PM to deal with it. PM continues to get attention from Rabaul.

Getting's Task Force continues towards San Cristobal undetected. I can only hope their luck holds out.

My intelligence officer says there is a major naval action occuring in the central pacific. That might explain where all my (and the Japanese) naval assets are.

Post #: 3
6 June 1942 - 5/19/2002 3:27:39 AM   
Rob Roberson

Getting's task force was attacked by Japanese air with no effect. They have begun offloading troops and supplies at San Cristobal.

Japanese ground forces have taken Gili Gili. This came as a suprise to me and I fault my lack of intelligence of the area. One of my submarines has torpedoed a transport there. I have dispatched two more submarines to the area and will fly airstrikes against the task force, but the damage is already done and now must begin operations to retake Gili Gili from the Japanese.

The major naval engagement in the central pacific has ended. My intelligence reports as many as three Japanese and two American aircraft carriers are out of commission. In the coming days I'm sure CinCPac will update me on it.

Admiral Robert Roberson Commanding

6 June 1942

Post #: 4
10 June 1942 - 5/19/2002 3:55:21 AM   
Rob Roberson

High praise for Captain Getting. The army is offloaded and his ships are on their way home without a single loss.

The 10th Aust Brigade is now ashore on Buna.

I have begun a siege at Gili Gili using submarines. It is my hope that I can starve the troops out there. I would prefer to use heavier units, but my lack of air cover (and naval units) prevents this at this time.

CinCPac has begun to send heavier naval units to my area. I expect them in a few days. This will give me the abilty to conduct more aggressive operations per Admiral King's request.

Admiral Robert Roberson commanding

10 June 1942

Post #: 5
- 5/19/2002 4:10:59 AM   
Hartmann

Just wanted to drop by and say that I'll read the AAR in the evening. Looking forward to it! :)

Hartmann

Post #: 6
15 June 1942 - 5/19/2002 4:27:33 AM   
Rob Roberson

Japanese Battleships skirt my air and sea zones and pound PM into rubble. I am amazed by this. Between subs and aircraft there is no way they should of been able to do this, yet they did. The airfield will be operational again tomorrow, but I have appealed to CinCPac that I must have heavier units to counter this now!

I have moved a PBY squadron to San Cristobal to begin search operations so there will be no surprise bombings of my troops there. I have another supply convoy headed that way from Luginville. All in all this operation is moving along very much to my liking.

I have begun to explore possibilities of an early landing at Gili Gili. My subs should be able to box out any supply efforts of the troops there. I have decided that until I can get heavier naval units in the area I will hold off on any offensive action there. But my siege will continue.

Admiral Robert Roberson Commanding

15 June 1942

Post #: 7
17 June 1942 - 5/19/2002 4:58:03 AM   
Rob Roberson

CinCPac agrees with me and says that a major commitment of troops/ships/materials is headed my way. He further went to say that it is the belief of Admiral King that the based on the losses of the Japanese Navy in what is being called the Battle of Midway the Japanese have lost the iniative and are on the defensive. This is good news for us here. Admiral Nimitz sent me a poem purported to be a dispatch from the Japanese commander in chief, second fleet, to the commander in chief, first fleet during the Battle of Midway, it reads:

Send aid,
Send it fast.
Have lost face,
Am losing ***.

PM continues to get pounded, I must rotate aircrews from there soon due to plummenting morale.

I have dispatched to Americal HG and the 70th AAR to my toehold on San Cristobal. I am there to stay.

Post #: 8
19 June 1942 - 5/19/2002 5:27:18 AM   
Rob Roberson

My first two surface losses in theater. Subchasers 640 and 638 were torpedoed off of New Caledonia. I have dispatched several new arriving destroyers to deal with the problem, I fear my ASW crews are not yet up to the task of defending rear areas from theses thieves in the night.

19 June 1942

Post #: 9
- 5/19/2002 5:29:35 AM   
madflava13

Rob - I like the way you've structured your AAR so far... I'm reading with interest....

"The Paraguayan Air Force's request for spraying subsidies was not as Paraguayan as it were..."

Post #: 10
20 June 1942 - 5/19/2002 7:10:12 AM   
Rob Roberson

I am growing weary of army pilots. THey are neither precise with their reports of enemy shipping nor the bombing of them. I have sent my level bombers out time and time again against Japanese warships off of gili gili without results. As soon as I have enough naval air I will base them out of PM. The army pilots will do for now, but are headed for a secondary role in this campaign.

I can't be less pleased with my submariners off of GG. No sinkings despite the reports of transports in the area. I may start replacing commanders soon.

I have dispatched RADM Norman Scott to the Gili area with a small surface task force. Let's see if he can plug the holes in my siege there.

20 June 1942

Post #: 11
23 June 1942 - 5/19/2002 7:38:17 AM   
Rob Roberson

A major Japanese surface group surprised me at PM. **** those army pilots! They should of never gotten that close undetected.
I will feel better when Scott arrives with his ships. I will likely put him in charge there. The Japanse sank two subchasers and rendered PM's airfield useless. To add insult to injury, the land based air struck PM for the first time in several days...I believe the airfield will be out for several days. I may send Nimitz's poem back to him as a subtle hint.

23 June 1942

Post #: 12
26 June 1942 - 5/19/2002 8:49:20 AM   
Rob Roberson

Naval Battle of Gili Gili

RAdm Norman Scott's surface group caught the retreating Japanese bombardment group just south of Gili-Gili at 1 am this morning. Scott's group engaged 3 Japanese Cruisers 2 light cruises and 4 destroyers with his force of one Heavy cruiser, two light cruisers and two destroyers.

Scott slipped in at 6000 yards and suceeded in crossing the Japanese T lay devastation to the heavy cruiser Kumano. At that point the Japanese heavy's made Scott pay withering fire devastating his flagship the Salt Lake City. By 1:16 am the Salt Lake City was burning from bow to stern and settling in the boiling sea. After action rescue operations managed to pick up 24 members of the Salt Lake City. Norman Scott was not one of those and is listed as missing in action. The Japanese then turned their guns on the light cruisers Achillies and Phoenix both of whom suffered heavy damage, but are now limping back to port. American scout planes reported seeing two 1 heavy cruiser "Kumano" and one light cruiser limping away north burning furiously. The heavy cruiser Mogami as well as Suzukya were also reported on fire. The entire action lasted just 34 minutes.

While the loss of Scott and the Salt Lake City is a blow. This action should signal to the Japanese that the days of cruising up to Port Moresby unmolested are over.

Once again Army fliers let me down by failing to track the Japanese task force despite the trail of oil and smoke. I am now assigning them strictly to ground ops...which I belive is what army pilots are best suited for.

My subs did engage the retreating Japanese. No significant damage was done.

I have now been force to devote quite a bit of my forces at New Caledonia to hunting Japanese submarines. They have become quite the menance.

Saratoga and Wasp are now in route. Soon I will have naval air to deal with the situation at Port Moresby.

26 June 1942

Post #: 13
27 June 1942 - 5/19/2002 10:50:25 AM   
Rob Roberson

Apparently the Japanese ignored the message about no more free rides to PM. They brushed aside two destroyers and two subchasers in the harbor and leveled the airfield again. The Perkins sank with all hands, the Porter is still afire. Once again the army failed to pick up the inbound assault force and once again the army pilots failed to scratch the ships with bombs. I have moved some dive bombers into the area now. The situation is very grave at PM. I am starting to wonder if the Japanese are softing up the area for a possible landing. Needless to say I feel the two promised carriers cannot get her fast enough.

27 June 1942

Post #: 14
27 June 1942 - 5/19/2002 11:19:24 AM   
Rob Roberson

Naval Battle of Port Moresby

A second Japanese task force entered the area attempting to gain entrance to the harbor led by the Battleship Kirishima. A small force of cruisers and destroyers led by RADM Smith met them. In a very brief exchange of fire the Japanese left the field for a reason not yet determined. They did finish off both Achilles and Phoenix who were attempting to gain entrance to the port facilities still burning from pervious battles.

The army finally got into the battle and reaffirmed my belief that medium bombers are not suited for naval attacks. Army dive bombers put bombs into the Kinugasa and Mochizuki. Later in the afternoon one of my submarines put a spread of torpedoes into the Aoba. I believe it was S-37 now overdue at Moresby.

Outside of New Caledonia I have lost another subchaser. They might chase them well but are useless for bagging them.

My inabilty to control the sea lanes in and around Port Moresby has forced me to order all allied naval forces to Cooktown. I just do not have the warships to spare.

I have received word that Washington wants me to make a major landing in the Solomons by the end of next month. Unless they are prepared to send me far more ships and men I can't see that as a realistic objective.

At this point I would say the situation in the Southwest Pacific is very grim. Unless Allied air can put a dent in the Japanese navy I believe they will take Moresby soon. I will be moving another brigade of Aussies to Moresby by the end of the week.

27 June 1942

Post #: 15
- 5/19/2002 11:32:02 AM   
Hartmann

Keep going, Rob! I somehow like AARs where *not* everything is going well best. Of course, I´m waiting for you to turn the tide some day. :)

Aloha,

Hartmann

Post #: 16
- 5/19/2002 11:36:43 AM   
Preacher

Same here. Keep it up!

Preacher

Post #: 17
1 July 1942 - 5/19/2002 11:54:08 AM   
Rob Roberson

My Destroyers outside New Caledonia are getting better. They have claimed two Japanese subs, though not without loss, two more tin cans limped back to port today. The Japanese sub menace continues to suck away resources that I could use in other places.

At Port Moresby the commander there (now a navy man I might add) says the area has settled into a routine. Japanese task forces cruises in and bombs the airfield. With daylight dive bombers fly out and attack Japanese task force. Japanese LBA flys in and adds to the destruction at the airfield. The airfield is now operating at just 50 percent. Army pilots are claiming to have put bombs in several cruisers and destroyers. This remains to be seen according to my man on the scene.

I still do not know what the Japanese intentions are. I am hurting badly for naval units (though a big task force from pearl is now just 3 days away). The Japanese could land forces anywere. Or nowhere. Only time will tell.

Washington has repeated its demands for a landing in the Solomons. With my airstrip still uncompleted at San Cristobal I must wait until the Saratoga or Wasp arrive...probably another week away before I will attempt any landing at Tulagi or Lunga.

1 July 1942

Post #: 18
- 5/19/2002 11:55:44 AM   
Admiral DadMan

I'm slobbering. Maybe I devote some beer funds to a UV purchase...

BTW, history shows that subs are no use against an alert invasion force with plenty of Aircraft and DD's patrolling. Better to use them to interdict along known shipping routes...

Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:

Post #: 19
4 July 1942 - 5/19/2002 4:21:19 PM   
Rob Roberson

The Grind at PM continues. My aircrews there are all but used up morale wise. I can't rest them due to the constant attacks from Japanese air and naval units. I can't transfer them because the airfield is constantly full of shell and bomb holes. PM is a living hell for the fighting men there. Fortunetly, the supply base is pretty high there.

My submarine forces besieging Gili-Gili had a successful day with two sinkings. One troop transport (rumors are the captain machined gunned Japanese soldiers floundering in the surf) and one destroyer. I intend to add several more subs to this blockade. I must deny the enemy at Gili-Gili supplies if I am going to defeat him there.

I have gathered a small task force being led by Rear Admiral Will Smith aboard the Australia. I have sent them north to the PM area and told him to seek and and engage the enemy. I hope this well help take the pressure off the aircrews at PM.

Irau air base , San Cristobal welcomed the 67th fighter squadron today. Open for business and I have assigned them the task of keeping the Japanese busy at Lunga. I now feel much better about making a move against that area. I have decided to send PBY recons into the air so I can get an idea how many troops are on the ground there.

I will also be establishing a PT Base at Irau. It's time to start the harrassment of Japanese units in the Solomons. Thier free hand there is hopefully coming to an end.

Still no sign of the promised carriers. Soon I hope.

I haven't heard from Admiral Nimitz regarding the move against the Solomons. I assume the orders will come aboard the Carrier task groups I believe are inbound.

4 July 1942

Post #: 20
5 July 1942 - 5/19/2002 4:39:12 PM   
Rob Roberson

The USS Saratoga has arrived and as expected bringing me orders regarding the Solomons. Phase one of the campaign there will be to soften the area up. While Im in favor of surprise CinCPac wants to put the airfield on Lunga out of business. So there will be no surprise there. I have sent Saratoga and her task group north to begin harrassment attacks on shipping in the so called "slot." I have also formed a surface action group with RADM Lee and sent them north to Guadalcanal to seek out and engage enemy forces.

Admiral Nimitz has given me the reigns in the duration of phase one, but cautions that ground forces must land prior to 1 August.

5 July 1942

Post #: 21
6 July 1942 - 5/19/2002 4:57:34 PM   
Rob Roberson

SWPac continues to be the valley of death for my forces. The Japanese took the bait with my surface action group but the cost was heavy. Land based air hammered Australia beneath the waves taking with her Admiral Smith. Carrier air battered San Francisco and two destroyers now struggling to get to PM. The carriers were a surprise. I did not expect them to be operating near PM which furthers my suspcion that an invasion at PM is planned. The pressure was off PM for the day which allowed me to shift air groups around and get fresh legs to PM. We will see how effective it is.

6 July 1942

Post #: 22
7 July 1942 - 5/19/2002 5:11:27 PM   
Rob Roberson

Japanese carriers have slipped south between PM and Australia. THis is a disaster. If they have freedom of movement there they could shut down the entire northern Australian coast line. From what we can tell carrier air finished off both San Francisco and Craven who were making best speed back to port. Carrier air also attacked the Port of Moresby sinking the Destroyer Gridley. I have no assets in the south western Pacific to stop this carrier. I will be moving as much LBA air to Cooktown and Cairns as their airfields can handle. Dark days indeed.

7 July 1942

Post #: 23
- 5/19/2002 11:12:50 PM   
dgaad

By early July, the Japs can muster six heavy carriers and a few light carriers. If you lost your earlier carrier assets (Lexington and Yorktown) it will be difficult to keep PM, and equally difficult to hold northern AUS. Your best bet is to husband what you have in Noumea, and attempt an ambush of the jap carriers with both surface and carrier fleets in one massive action. Ambushing can happen if you have the groups set to react and are just outside of the range of carrier air. Its tricky.

Do everything you can think of to reduce your detection level, deny the enemy the ability to spot you, and go into battle with your best commanders, and have your carrier pilots at the highest morale. What air support you can muster should also be at high morale and hitting them, even at long range, on the day of battle. Since they don't have PM yet, you may be able to plan an ambush where you have the Saratoga group something like 15 hexes SSE of the enemy carriers likely position. Have all of your airgroups on training until 2 or 3 days before you think the action will happen. Keep the LBA on training / 0 as long as you can. Everyone go into battle fresh and all at the same time. Also have a surface fleet that steams directly to the carrier group and attempts to engage with guns. It may not work but it will be a distraction and there is an off chance it will.

Keep in mind that all ships have limited ammo and fuel. If your LBA is hitting the carrier group a day or two in advance of the carrier ambush (even if its just bombers), you might wear down their CAP and also their flak ammunition.

Also have as many subs as possible in the likely area of the carriers. If you have enough sub groups, one of them might score a lucky hit a day or two before you attempt ambush.

Thats the best I can offer you at this point in this grim situation.

Last time I checked, the forums were messed up. ;)

Post #: 24
- 5/20/2002 1:25:15 AM   
Reiryc

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Admiral DadMan
[B]I'm slobbering. Maybe I devote some beer funds to a UV purchase...

BTW, history shows that subs are no use against an alert invasion force with plenty of Aircraft and DD's patrolling. Better to use them to interdict along known shipping routes... [/B][/QUOTE]

Absolutely....go order the game, I bet you won't be disappointed.

Reiryc

Post #: 25
10 July 1942 - 5/20/2002 4:30:39 AM   
Rob Roberson

Desperate Measures

I have decided to take a bold action in the SWPacific. I have always believed that only the bold succeed and in one week we will see how that plays out.

Rather then marshalling my forces and playing a defensive game in and around Australia I intend to close the Gili-Gili gate. To this end I have gathered all my transports and warships in Brisbane. I will divide warships in two surface action groups and 1 carrier group. The carrier group will operate just south of Gili Gili. The surface action groups will operate under friendly air cap north of them. Ever available transport I could gather has been and will bring the 3rd Australian division and elements of the 7th Australian division (25th and 21st) to Gili-Gili. Starting today I will begin to pound Gili Gili with what air I have that can reach the area, including my new B25 squadron. PM is still a mess the airfield is all but out of commission. Operation Bold Eagle is set to launch in 5 days. Time is of importance here I must complete this operation prior to 28 July which is the timeline Admiral Nimitz has set for Operation Shoestring (watchtower). I hope to take Gili Gili or at least give the Japanese something else to worry about and in doing so give the airfields at PM time to recover. I will also be lifting the 46th Engineers to PM.

I have also stack whatever available landbased air in Cooktown and Cairns. If the Japanese decide to invade the Australian coastline, it is my hope that the army pilots will at least make life difficult for them.

Admiral Robert Roberson commanding.

10 July 1942

Post #: 26
- 5/20/2002 4:39:41 AM   
dgaad

Rob :

I just had a similar experience with Gili, with the difference that I was very very luck not to have as yet lost a carrier.

If you are able to get transports into Gili, set the troops immediately to shock attack and try to wipe out the japs on the first go. If you have all this time been holding on to your base by your fingernails, its quite likely the japs are starving there, and could succumb to fresh troops.

Here is the glorious combat report from June 26, 1942 in my game. This was the day elements of the 3rd Division landed and came to the relief of the New Guinea forces 7th and 14th Bdes, who were barely holding on.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 06/25/42

Air attack on 170th Regiment, at 17,42

Allied aircraft
Hudson x 9
B-17E Fortress x 7

Japanese ground losses:
Men lost 39

Attacking Level Bombers:
4 x B-17E Fortress at 7000 feet
9 x Hudson at 7000 feet
3 x B-17E Fortress at 7000 feet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on Gili Gili , at 17,42

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 25
G3M Nell x 19

Allied ground losses:
Men lost 92

Attacking Level Bombers:
19 x G3M Nell at 8000 feet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Gili Gili

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 2665 troops, 19 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 18356 troops, 135 guns, 20 vehicles

Ground combat at Gili Gili

Allied Shock attack

Attacking force 14673 troops, 135 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 5878 troops, 47 guns, 0 vehicles

Allied assault odds: 14 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese ground losses:
Men lost 7641
Guns lost 51

Allied ground losses:
Men lost 21

I'd had a spell of bad weather, and had detached all of my cruisers and half of my low-AA destroyers from the carrier groups to cover the landing. So, with the detached surface group covering under heavy weather, the transports went in, landed 3rd Div, and wiped the Japs. This battle had been going on for a month, and it was rare when they Japs were able to get supplies into Gili.

I was not able to do this because I had eliminated the Jap carriers. I damaged a couple of them, but as recently as a week or so ago, they raided Gili with what appeared to be a 3 or 4 carrier force. The big threat, however, was their Battleship-laden surface group that periodically came down from Shortland to bomb Gili. This is why I detached the Cruisers and destroyers.

Normally a 2 Battleship group with lots of destroyers can mess up a cruiser group real bad. This happened to the last cruiser group I sent in with the Chicago, Australia, and the Hobart (with some destroyers). All the cruisers were lost, but the Jap battleships expended their heavy ammunition, and some were damaged quite nicely, and so they retreated before dawn (my carriers were within torpedo bomber range of Gili - 5 hexes). This allowed the transports to get in and start unloading. The next day was when I detached the cruisers from my carrier groups, forming a new TF.

The transports got in, unloaded under cover of heavy weather, and the results are as you see above. I'll be hanging around with the carrier groups set on REACT status until the last transports (the ones with massive supply loaded) are away. Then its back to Noumea where the new Saratoga awaits.

Last time I checked, the forums were messed up. ;)

Post #: 27
Oh believe me - 5/20/2002 4:50:06 AM   
Rob Roberson

I'm praying for rain. Otherwise my transports are going to pay a heavy price from LBA out of Rabaul.

Post #: 28
13 July 1942 - 5/20/2002 4:52:49 AM   
Rob Roberson

Well I know where at least two of the Japanese carriers are. They are pounding the hell out of my airstrip at San Cristobal. Perfect. Bold Eagle has been given a boost. I hope the Japanese admiral is content to drop his bombs on that dirt strip while my troops move up the Australian coast.

Another submarine failed to report to PM today. We have reached point where we celebrate thier arrival. Truly submariners are the bravest of the brave.

13 July 1942

Post #: 29
15 July 1942 - 5/20/2002 5:17:07 AM   
Rob Roberson

Bold Eagle is a day behind schedule due to weather. Not a good start. I know that there is at least one Japanese surface action group south of Gili Gili. PM continues to get hammered by both sea and air forces. The good news is the USS Wasp and her escorts are on the scene. I have added them to the operation and they should arrive in the PM area about the same time as the troop transports. I have one carrier task force already operating off of Cooktown, two will help a great deal. My surface groups were scheduled to leave today I have delayed one of them to sail with the transports. Baring weather that should be tomorrow.

15 July 1942

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> After Action Reports >> CINCSoPac/SWPac Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI