Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Differences between this game and Unity of Command

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941 >> Differences between this game and Unity of Command Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Differences between this game and Unity of Command - 7/30/2013 3:39:15 PM   
Charly G

I would like to know if the UoC players like this game. I have WITE, DC Case Blue, Decisive Battles WWII by SSG and UoC. I look for a game on the East Front similar to UoC with the same difficulty (easy to play but with some difficulties to master it).
Do the Pocket strategy has some effects ?
Post #: 1
RE: Differences between this game and Unity of Command - 7/30/2013 4:11:41 PM   
stormbringer3

I really like UoC and also really like this title. I think that this title has less "puzzle" in it. The supply system is different, there is no Pocket strategy. Units' refit ability is affected by the number of enemy units adjacent.
There is an excellent unit equiptment and ability upgrade system in the A-A Campaign which is a highlight for me. I also own WitE, DC Case Blue, and SSG titles.
I hope that this helps.

(in reply to Charly G)
Post #: 2
RE: Differences between this game and Unity of Command - 7/31/2013 11:38:35 AM   
Charly G

Thanks for your answer. Upgrade system and available campaign are excellent things. I'm surprised by the lack of Pocket Strategy. If I understand, UoC is more complex and if I'm not wrong, the rate of strategy difficulty of these games is the following UoC > GaW > PC/PG.

< Message edited by Charly G -- 7/31/2013 11:40:17 AM >

(in reply to stormbringer3)
Post #: 3
RE: Differences between this game and Unity of Command - 7/31/2013 11:45:57 AM   
ComradeP

UoC offers primarily historical operations as stand-alone offensives within a campaign, without core forces. It also has a per turn objective system, where objectives need to be captured by turn X instead of by the end of the scenario, which according to some gives the game a "puzzle"-like feel.

It has a 4 days per turn scale and a larger map scale as well and locking ZOC's, GaW has a 1 day per turn scale, a 5 km/hex map scale and a movement point penalty when moving through an enemy ZOC.

UoC has abstracted support assets in the shape of steps or theatre assets, whilst in GaW air and artillery support comes in the shape of on-map units.

GaW has an abstracted logistics system, whilst UoC has on-map supply that may or may not reach the troops. Unsupplied units can suffer from 3 levels of penalties. In GaW, only units without any supplies left will suffer combat penalties directly related to their supply state (they might suffer from other combat penalties, such as from adjacent enemy units).

UoC could be seen as more complex because the timetable for reaching objectives can be tight, whilst it is more generous in GaW, and because there's a greater benefit for encircling enemy units, which in turn encourages a different usage of mobile units.

As a disclaimer, I am the scenario designer for UoC's DLC.

< Message edited by ComradeP -- 7/31/2013 11:48:23 AM >

SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
Unity of Command scenario designer

(in reply to stormbringer3)
Post #: 4
RE: Differences between this game and Unity of Command - 7/31/2013 11:57:29 AM   
Charly G

Thanks. Now, I've all necessary informations to make my choice. Congratulations for the UoC's DLC, you've made a very good job.

< Message edited by Charly G -- 7/31/2013 11:58:35 AM >

(in reply to ComradeP)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941 >> Differences between this game and Unity of Command Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI