Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Loss of a Loved One

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> The Loss of a Loved One Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Loss of a Loved One - 2/17/2001 9:55:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Forgive this off topic post. I had written a brief note earlier to the New Project group about my son-in-law, David Mullins and his losing battle with throat cancer. This was what I said in that post. ------------------------------ "I want to share this with you. I spent Saturday and Sunday with my son-in-law, David Mullins, in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. He is 49. He is terminally ill with throat cancer. "I went to spend the weekend with him and my oldest daughter, Barbara, during a very trying time for both of them. "He only has a few months to live. Not having seen David in months, I was still not prepared to see this healthy, happy robust man being eaten away with cancer. "We had great quality time together, talking over this life and the one to come. His voice is raspy, almost inaudible, but still we talked at length on what has been and what is to come. "Before I left, David got some real assurance on the destiny of his immortal being when he steps out of this life into the next one. "I know this is not a religious forum, and I hope no one will be offended. "Like everyone, I have my own religious convictions, not to be forced upon anyone else here. So if this is offensive, please disregard it. "But after talking and praying together, I know David is ready to meet his Maker and his Savior. There is nothing more important in this world than that." ------------------------------ He stepped into eternity this morning exactly one week after my visit down there at about 5AM. He is with God. I'm so greatful I had last weekend down in Fort Lauderdale with him to talk about what was coming and how to be ready for it. David asked me to speak at his funeral, which I will be doing next week. Remember my sweet daughter Barbara and their children during this trying time. Fortunately, their two sons were with Barbara when David passed away so she did not have to face it alone. Barbara and David spent their last night together holding each other in bed...and then he was gone. Thank you all for concern...Wild Bill [This message has been edited by Wild Bill (edited February 17, 2001).]

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Post #: 1
- 2/17/2001 10:20:00 PM   
lnp4668

My sincerest condolence WB. There is nothing more poignant than watching a life departed as I could attest to in my former occupation. I can't, however, imagine the pain of actually losing a love one to a long illness. My best wishes to you and yours. WB

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 2
- 2/17/2001 10:33:00 PM   
Figmo

Bill, My condolences. It's a very sad time but at least he was ready for it. That IS important. I'm sure talking with you help him a great deal. Figmo

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 3
- 2/17/2001 11:31:00 PM   
G Van Horne

My condolences also, Bill. I know what it's like to loose someone very close. My thoughts are with you. Garth

What's the weight of a pull-thru?

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 4
- 2/17/2001 11:46:00 PM   
Cyric

Dawn rose with a happy smile... Day passed, you weren't alone.... When dusk came, you felt pain... At nightfall it was all away. Loss of a loved ine always cuts deep. I pray for strength for you and your relatives Cyric a.k.a Mikko Saksi

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 5
- 2/17/2001 11:50:00 PM   
troopie

Wild Bill, I know how it is to lose a loved one. You have my sincerest condolences. troopie ------------------ Pamwe Chete

Pamwe Chete

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 6
- 2/17/2001 11:54:00 PM   
Charles22

Nice to see that the Lord orchestrated things as He did so that it passed with as much ease as such a trying thing might not. It's certainly quite merciful to able to prepare to some extent like that, but there are some of us who won't be able to prepare, except for the preparation we do now. Personally I'd rather take the bull by the horns and prepare now, if I get a time granted where the end looks ever more inevitable, that's icing on the cake, so to speak. When we are weaker, He is stronger. The old adage that there isn't an atheist on the front lines, holds true to what I just said. May God's consolation be found to those who implore it with repentance.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 7
- 2/18/2001 12:35:00 AM   
Tiger

How meager and trivial seem any words that we can express. But how wonderful the knowledge and assurance that we will be reunited with our loved ones. My prayers to you and your family, Bill. I will keep them there. I know that's the one thing I can do for all of you.

I ain't no golden boy,
ain't no Grecian dancer,
and I ain't no loud mouth cowboy from the West...
I'm not the kind of man with all the answers, but I surely know the songs that suit me best.... LL

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 8
- 2/18/2001 12:44:00 AM   
Greg McCarty

Heartfelt condolences to all. Greg.

Greg.

It is better to die on your feet
than to live on your knees.

--Zapata

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 9
- 2/18/2001 12:57:00 AM   
Drex

my private communication expresses my feelings of sorrow.

quote:

Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 10
- 2/18/2001 1:17:00 AM   
Tankhead

Hello Wild Bill! I am truly sorry to hear about this, but his suffering is over now and he is with God, may he rest in peace. I will do a prayer for David and the family. You have my sincere sympathy in these trying times. Best Regard Rick ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://members.tripod.com/tankhead__1

Tankhead

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 11
- 2/18/2001 1:37:00 AM   
AmmoSgt

My Condolences on You and your Family's Pain ..may you find peace.. [This message has been edited by AmmoSgt (edited February 17, 2001).]

"For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary periods, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 12
- 2/18/2001 2:50:00 AM   
Viriato

My condolences to you and your family , may your son-in-law rest in peace . Now he is with God and no harm can reach him .

A sorte protege os audazes

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 13
- 2/18/2001 2:58:00 AM   
Wild Bill

I'm very greatful to all of you, my friends all over the world, for your concern. It means...it means more than I can say, but I'm sure you know what I want to say. Thank you! Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 14
- 2/18/2001 3:22:00 AM   
marklaker

My condolences to your family in this, the most difficult of times. My wife's father is in the last vestiges of a painful cancer induced death. Each day is a severe trial as she struggles with guilt and pain, trying to come to terms with the inevitable. We have two children to raise, so during the day she stoically shoulders the burden in silence, but once they are put to bed it becomes too much to bear and the pain escapes in great sobs. I have never felt so powerless in all my life.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 15
- 2/18/2001 4:30:00 AM   
LeibstandartePzD

My most heartfelt condolences on your and your families loss. I recently lost a close family member myself. It is terrible to see them go but they are now in a better place watching over us. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prairs. ------------------ Former member of the 8th US cavalry and a grandson of a Leibstandarte tanker. Former name on these boards was Leibstandarte.

Respectfully,
Jason E. Otto
Former member of the 8th US Cavalry and a grandson of a Leibstandarte tanker.

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 16
- 2/18/2001 5:11:00 AM   
k1w1

My thoughts are with you and your loved ones at this time. Kia kaha (Be strong) Ian

They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old Age shall not weary them nor the years condem At the going down of the sun & in the morning we will remember them.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 17
- 2/18/2001 5:51:00 AM   
Jeff Norton

WB. To you and your family, mine do pass on our deepest sympathy and best wishes. You are in our prayers. "To Absent friends...." -Jeff

-Jeff
Veritas Vos Liberabit
"Hate America - love their movies" -Foos Babaganoosh - Anchor - Jihad Tonite

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 18
- 2/18/2001 5:56:00 AM   
Wallymanowar

I share your grief Bill, my Father-in-law passed away last weekend. Mike T.

I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
Yogi Berra

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 19
- 2/18/2001 6:16:00 AM   
BruceAZ

My sincerest condolence Bill. There is nothing more difficult in life than watching life leave one so slowly or unexpected. I have seen death and know the pain of it. However, I can not imagine the pain of losing a love one to a illness like cancer. My God look over your family during these trying times. Bruce Semper Fi

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 20
- 2/18/2001 6:35:00 AM   
USMCGrunt

Wild Bill, Having poked fun both at you and with you in the past, I know you are a man of both integrity and perserverence. I can say from personal experience that losing a family member or friend is never easy. But my thoughts and best wishes go with you and yours. Fair Winds and Following Seas my friend. ------------------ USMCGrunt -When it absolutely, positively, has to be destroyed overnight.

USMCGrunt Then it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, 'ow's yer soul?" But it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll! -Rudyard Kipling-

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 21
- 2/18/2001 7:17:00 AM   
Major_Johnson

WB, I am ever so sorry to hear of your families loss. May God give comfort during this difficult time and may memories of happier times heal the hurt you and they are feeling now. Jeff

M.J.!
We serve others best when at the same time we serve ourselves.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 22
- 2/18/2001 9:41:00 AM   
Bandit Jim

I lost my stepson to cancer this summer. My condolences. It has however made me appreciate life all the more. Some of the things that make people upset are just not that important in the real scheme of things.My prayers are with you.

Thank every veteran you meet.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 23
- 2/18/2001 12:45:00 PM   
Huffy

Bill, The Lord will welcome him as he is there to ease your family's pain and loss. My family's prayers are with you. Take care.... Huffy

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 24
- 2/18/2001 2:18:00 PM   
Nixk

Sir, Please accept my deepest sympathies to you and your loved ones. Best wishes to all.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 25
- 2/18/2001 2:22:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Your expressions of concern and care mean so much to me. I'm going to try to make sure that my daughter reads these also. THey will mean a lot to her. I realize more than ever as I read these that everyone of us live with pain of one sort or another. Death is inevitable...for all of us. Each loved one lost is a reminder of what awaits all of us. And the loss is a hard burden to bear. I'm sorry for the losses many of you who posted here have suffered. I think there is comfort in just knowing that other people can feel and understand your pain. I thank you all on behalf of me and my family. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 26
- 2/18/2001 8:47:00 PM   
halstein

Wild Bill, you, and your family have my most sincere condolenses. Halstein. ------------------ Halstein

Halstein

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 27
- 2/18/2001 11:37:00 PM   
Gunner

Hi Bill, My sincerest condolences to you and your daughter and both of your families. I feel your pain as I have lost both of my parents over the past few years to cancer,my Dad with stomach cancer and my Mom with cancer of the throat. There is no more painful thing in this world than to watch someone you love slowly waste away to this terrible disease. Take solace in the fact that his suffering is over and he is in a much better place than us. Please pass along my families condolences to your daughter and her family. I will remember you in my prayers tonight. God Bless Gunner

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 28
- 2/19/2001 2:01:00 AM   
Randy

Wild Bill, I know that words cannot end your grief, but know that there are thoughts and prayers being offered for you and your family during this difficult time. Semper Fi Randy

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 29
- 2/19/2001 3:29:00 AM   
pops

As a father and husband I can well imagine your heartbreak for your daughter and children especially.....all the best hopes for you and yours and strength of heart for the future...

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> The Loss of a Loved One Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI