Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Patrol of colony

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Patrol of colony Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Patrol of colony - 8/5/2013 6:22:08 AM   
Rabble

Hello,
is any option to stand still near colony and defend it?
my fleet patrol selected colony and always fly to kill pirates in system with colony - in that moment other pirates fly to colony and attack it.

is there option stand still and attack only near colony?
Post #: 1
RE: Patrol of colony - 8/5/2013 7:37:38 AM   
Canute0

Order the ship/fleet to move to the planet. After the ship did this it stay at the orbit and follow the planet.

Set the Fleet / Ship to Target / nearby targets.

But after they did a defence job, you need to order them again to move to the planet.

You can order them to Patrol the planet, they fly around the planet and burn fuel at this job, until they need to refuel.

(in reply to Rabble)
Post #: 2
RE: Patrol of colony - 8/5/2013 8:23:32 AM   
elliotg

As of 1.9.0.9 fleets should now stay at a planet or colony if you set it as the home base for the fleet. They will defend within the engagement stance you set (nearby, system, etc), but will return to the planet when done.

Thanks
Elliot

(in reply to Canute0)
Post #: 3
RE: Patrol of colony - 8/5/2013 8:33:48 AM   
flight2q

I'd like to be able to set any place as the home base. Not in the dropdown box of fleet menu, but if I'm willing to click on it on the galaxy map. Especially useful when playing as pirate.

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 4
RE: Patrol of colony - 8/5/2013 3:24:39 PM   
Fenrisfil

You can set most things as home, you just have to click on the "select home" button in the bottom left when the fleet is selected. You can set any base you own as home using this method.

(in reply to flight2q)
Post #: 5
RE: Patrol of colony - 8/5/2013 5:05:20 PM   
scotten_usa

quote:

ORIGINAL: elliotg

As of 1.9.0.9 fleets should now stay at a planet or colony if you set it as the home base for the fleet. They will defend within the engagement stance you set (nearby, system, etc), but will return to the planet when done.

Thanks
Elliot

Thanks Elliot!

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 6
RE: Patrol of colony - 8/5/2013 5:39:52 PM   
Chris21wen

quote:

Thanks
Elliot

One of the problems with this is fleets use fuel and do not seem to refuel themsleves, even it there is a refueling source in the system. I have my fleets set to manual, will they refuel if I set them to auto and what will happen to the orders I have given them to patrol?

Will it work if I set them to move to a sun and setting system targets? Being stationary the Energy Collectors can be used to maintain fuel but I do not think they will return to the sun afterwards as I have not set up a patrol order.

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 7
RE: Patrol of colony - 8/5/2013 8:38:30 PM   
flight2q

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fenrisfil

You can set most things as home, you just have to click on the "select home" button in the bottom left when the fleet is selected. You can set any base you own as home using this method.

Thanks. I forgot! [well, that still only adds my own refueling points, so I still want to be able to set any place!]

< Message edited by flight2q -- 8/5/2013 8:57:06 PM >

(in reply to Fenrisfil)
Post #: 8
RE: Patrol of colony - 8/7/2013 6:18:48 AM   
elliotg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H
quote:

Thanks
Elliot

One of the problems with this is fleets use fuel and do not seem to refuel themsleves, even it there is a refueling source in the system. I have my fleets set to manual, will they refuel if I set them to auto and what will happen to the orders I have given them to patrol?

Will it work if I set them to move to a sun and setting system targets? Being stationary the Energy Collectors can be used to maintain fuel but I do not think they will return to the sun afterwards as I have not set up a patrol order.

Fleets will auto-refuel themselves, especially when there is a fuel source in the same system. However they will not then resume their previous missions like individual ships do.

You might find that it's better not to have fleets set to a patrol mission though. Instead just set their home base in the system (e.g. a colony or base) and they should now stay near the base while keeping the system safe (assuming engagement stance is Engage system threats and fleet posture is Defend System). They will also auto-refuel as needed.

And as mentioned above, as of 1.9.0.9 fleets will now always automatically return to base when idle.

Thanks
Elliot

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 9
RE: Patrol of colony - 8/7/2013 8:01:49 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H
quote:

Thanks
Elliot

Fleets will auto-refuel themselves, especially when there is a fuel source in the same system. However they will not then resume their previous missions like individual ships do.

You might find that it's better not to have fleets set to a patrol mission though. Instead just set their home base in the system (e.g. a colony or base) and they should now stay near the base while keeping the system safe (assuming engagement stance is Engage system threats and fleet posture is Defend System). They will also auto-refuel as needed.

And as mentioned above, as of 1.9.0.9 fleets will now always automatically return to base when idle.

Thanks
Elliot

Thanks for the clarification

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Patrol of colony Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI