Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

After day 1 Pearl still getting hit

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After day 1 Pearl still getting hit Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
After day 1 Pearl still getting hit - 8/29/2013 11:35:25 PM   
Ridinroun

Can anyone tell me why for 3+ days Pearl Harbor still getting attacked by the Japanese task force?
Post #: 1
RE: After day 1 Pearl still getting hit - 8/29/2013 11:42:08 PM   
Terminus

It would help if you could provide a bit more context. Is this an AI game?

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Ridinroun)
Post #: 2
RE: After day 1 Pearl still getting hit - 8/30/2013 1:02:40 AM   
Jorge_Stanbury

If you are using the latest patch, Japanese aircraft losses had to be horrendous...

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 3
RE: After day 1 Pearl still getting hit - 8/30/2013 1:12:01 AM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jorge_Stanbury

If you are using the latest patch, Japanese aircraft losses had to be horrendous...

Why is that?

In the 1123n (not the latest, but close to) I had the KB launch 10 days of strikes against Pearl. Because the airfield damage was so high on the first day, the CAP get getting punched in the nose.

(in reply to Jorge_Stanbury)
Post #: 4
RE: After day 1 Pearl still getting hit - 8/30/2013 1:13:03 AM   
Ridinroun

Computer is the Japanese. I got to Dec 10 and the Jap taskforce is still there and attacking. In fact they have moved closer to pearl.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 5
RE: After day 1 Pearl still getting hit - 8/30/2013 1:42:38 AM   
Lokasenna

If they are taking lots of losses, you may want to load it up in head to head and make them move away.

(in reply to Ridinroun)
Post #: 6
RE: After day 1 Pearl still getting hit - 8/30/2013 4:34:49 AM   
Jorge_Stanbury

My PH heavy loses were mostly due to AA; with beta patch from February. AI loves to do strafe attacks, so I guess it had to be worst

Maybe my definition of horrendous is different than yours... but just AA would kill 10 to 15 of my bomber veterans per attack after surprise day1, between direct hits and OP losses
At least that is what happened on my game, and I didn't do any strafing/ low level attacks; just 10K regular dive bombing/ level bombing.

Going back on the original topic; I would seriously think about reloading/ restarting; that is not typical AI behaviour

regards

< Message edited by Jorge_Stanbury -- 8/30/2013 4:35:47 AM >

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 7
RE: After day 1 Pearl still getting hit - 8/30/2013 5:52:05 AM   
Yaab

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ridinroun

Can anyone tell me why for 3+ days Pearl Harbor still getting attacked by the Japanese task force?

How big is your CAP? Some US fighter air groups at Pearl Harbour have leaders with DISMAL stats. I always change those leaders on the first day to make sure the maximum number of fighters flies CAP just in case the KB strikes again.

(in reply to Ridinroun)
Post #: 8
RE: After day 1 Pearl still getting hit - 8/30/2013 11:59:35 AM   
HansBolter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ridinroun

Computer is the Japanese. I got to Dec 10 and the Jap taskforce is still there and attacking. In fact they have moved closer to pearl.

The AI plays by running different scripts. There are several different sets of scripts. The set is chosen when you start the game.

Each set of scripts has the AI taking slight variations on the historical expansion. You hit the script which has the AI stay at Pearl for several days of strikes.

I just started a new DaBabes C Ironman scenario with stacking limits and I hit this same script. The AI did pretty poorly on airfield damage and planes destroyed in the opening strike and the next few days it only managed to sink one additional BB at the cost of heavy airframe losses to CAP and AA. I didn't succeed in making a surface interception, although I tried repeatedly.

Overall the AI will follow a historical path of expansion, although in Ironamn scenarios at least, it does so at an accelerated pace. The script set chosen at game start will determine what historical deviations it pursues such as staying at Pearl and invading outside the historical perimeter at places like Canton, Noumea, Suva, Geraldton...etc.

Hans

(in reply to Ridinroun)
Post #: 9
RE: After day 1 Pearl still getting hit - 8/30/2013 3:40:59 PM   
Numdydar

I suggest to use the latest AI scripts that Andy has made. This may fix this problem. Of course you will need to start a new game for them to work

You can get them here. They should also be used with DaBabes as well.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3198064

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 10
RE: After day 1 Pearl still getting hit - 8/30/2013 3:51:09 PM   
Ridinroun

They finally did leave on the 12th. Didn't cause a lot of damage after the initial attack but was a nuisance they wouldn't leave.

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After day 1 Pearl still getting hit Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI