Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is there anybody here?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> Is there anybody here? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is there anybody here? - 5/22/2013 12:51:57 PM   
Spearfish

Is this an abandoned forum of abandoned game? I have asked a question a couple days ago but it seems nobody was here since then. Don't worry, there are plenty of other wargames to buy.

< Message edited by Spearfish -- 5/22/2013 12:53:56 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Is there anybody here? - 5/22/2013 8:11:06 PM   
TonyE

quote:

Is there anybody here?

Yes. The games are not abandoned. I happen to spend the bulk of my Harpoon time on HC (Harpoon Classic/HCE/HUCE). All of us here (outside of Matrix) are volunteers and we tend to partake of that which interests us. You asked a question that many people can answer and I'm sure if you haven't been contacted in PM you probably will be with offers to send you any editor under the sun.

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to Spearfish)
Post #: 2
RE: Is there anybody here? - 5/22/2013 11:41:45 PM   
Spearfish

Unfortunately nobody contacted me via PM so far but never mind. It looks like there are editors compatible with Harpoon III 3.6.3 and community can share them if they are not included in the H3 HUE pack. That's good news.

I have also question about Harpoon 3 databases. What are "official" databases for H3 HUE/ANW, HUCE and Harpoon 3.6.3? I know there are couple of different databases used by the community. After patching my H3 ANW game I have found HUD4 v1.1, ANW DB v2.4.3 and Standard databases...which of them I should play? Another third party databases I am reckoned with are DB2000 and PlayersDB. Are they still in active development?

And the last issue - after purchasing H3 HUE pack I'll get about twenty Harpoon game versions but which of them are playable under Windows XP and above? Can I install them separately and de-install my old H3 ANW 3.11 game before doing that?

< Message edited by Spearfish -- 5/22/2013 11:51:53 PM >

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 3
RE: Is there anybody here? - 5/23/2013 2:42:42 PM   
TonyE

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spearfish
It looks like there are editors compatible with Harpoon III 3.6.3 and community can share them if they are not included in the H3 HUE pack. That's good news.

Well that was a big stretch, I didn't say people were allowed to share them. Not being allowed doesn't stop some people.

quote:

I have also question about Harpoon 3 databases. What are "official" databases for H3 HUE/ANW, HUCE and Harpoon 3.6.3?

Well, HC (including HCE, HUCE, ...) isn't Harpoon 3 at all. The official HC database is the HCDB.
For H3 3.11 (the newest H3/ANW) it is HUD4
For the older H3 versions I wouldn't get hung up on "official" since the official databases were not exactly stellar.

quote:

And the last issue - after purchasing H3 HUE pack I'll get about twenty Harpoon game versions but which of them are playable under Windows XP and above? Can I install them separately and de-install my old H3 ANW 3.11 game before doing that?

You can install the H3 versions individually but if you install HC you get all 20 included versions (accessible via handy menu http://www.matrixgames.com/files/games/392/20101101080717.jpg ). All are playable in Windows XP but you lose some when you move to 64-bit operating systems.

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to Spearfish)
Post #: 4
RE: Is there anybody here? - 5/23/2013 4:19:45 PM   
Spearfish

OK. Would you be so kind and tell me what H3 editors are included in the HUE game-pack? I am mostly interested in Harpoon III v3.6.3 editors.

As for HC editions I'd like to play Harpoon Classic '97, Harpoon 2003 and Harpoon 2007 only under Windows 64-bit. Are they playable? Moreover can you tell me if Harpoon '97 and Harpoon 2003 are "subsets" of latest Harpoon 2007 so after installing Harpoon 2007 it is not necessary to install those two older versions?

As for Harpoon 3 I would install v3.6.3 and v3.11 only. Older Harpoon versions of this family run under DOS and Mac and I don't want to use DOS emulators.

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 5
RE: Is there anybody here? - 5/23/2013 4:30:14 PM   
TonyE

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spearfish
As for HC editions I'd like to play Harpoon Classic '97, Harpoon 2003 and Harpoon 2007 only under Windows 64-bit. Are they playable? Moreover can you tell me if Harpoon '97 and Harpoon 2003 are "subsets" of latest Harpoon 2007 so after installing Harpoon 2007 it is not necessary to install those two older versions?

Everything except the scenario editors will work (see SE). After installing Harpoon 2009.050 it is not necessary to install the older versions, they will already be present.

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to Spearfish)
Post #: 6
RE: Is there anybody here? - 5/23/2013 4:50:56 PM   
Spearfish

I see. HCE scenario editor runs under Windows 32-bit only. I know I have to install all HCE version anyway on my hard drive but I meant if Harpoon 2009 has all Harpoon '97 and Harpoon 2003 features and scenarios included?

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 7
RE: Is there anybody here? - 5/23/2013 4:54:05 PM   
TonyE

Ah, sorry, didn't understand the question. Yes, the newest HC includes the scenarios from all of the previous versions. As with any game, how they play changes with each version, but all of the older scenarios are included with the newest HC.

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to Spearfish)
Post #: 8
RE: Is there anybody here? - 5/23/2013 5:16:27 PM   
Spearfish

Good. So now I am only curious about H3 editors shipped with HUE pack. Maybe some AGSI developer supervising this forum or present HUE pack owner can answer my question.

< Message edited by Spearfish -- 5/24/2013 1:25:02 AM >

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 9
RE: Is there anybody here? - 8/25/2013 8:54:55 AM   
fguerin35

Hi,

Sorry for late reply, I only see your message now. 2 editors are shipped with H3: in game editor and reimer editor. In game editor is easy 1st step,but then reimer editor appears with more options. Ask any question you wish,support will come.

FG

(in reply to Spearfish)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> Is there anybody here? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI