Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Simple UI suggestions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Simple UI suggestions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Simple UI suggestions - 10/2/2013 8:05:37 PM   
spelk

I posted this over at Warfaresims site, but I think it needs to be approved for your first post... so I thought I'd run it by the folks here...

Reference Point and Defining Areas with Alt key combo? - I wondered if it was feasible for these to be attached to an Alt key hold event, with a single click for an RP placement, or an Alt+Left click and drag for a define area? Having to Ctrl+click and then select an option from a pop-up menu, to be able to do something that you really want to happen naturally and fluidly - seems counter-intuitive and overly "clicky" - when if it was possible a simply Alt+Left click, or Alt+Left drag would be so simpler to execute.

Slider control for Time phase changing? - Again having to pull drop down lists to change the time phase seems a bit awkward and clunky, whereas a slider with fixed nodes on it would be more natural.

Aircraft Ops dialogue - does it need to be hierarchical? - The Air Ops listing is displayed as collapsed lists of aircraft, that require a tiny + sign to be clicked to open up (with quite a delay) the current status of your aircraft. I don't think you need to collapsed subdivision really, it adds a lot of whitespace around the entries and makes them difficult to assess in a single view - putting all aircraft in a listview, sorted on type should be easier to quickly get to the info you want. You then have the option of sorting on various columns, and you can probably merge the Air Facilities heirarchy in as another field - location/status to the listview. Giving the player a single place to get all the info at a glance, without clicking/expanding/tabbing/scrolling a lot.

Weapon info for Selected Unit on info panel - I think this one has been covered by others, but ultimately you want to know the weapon info of your current target - I'd swap the Weapons button info to a scrolling panel, and push the Doctrine/ROE onto a button.

Post #: 1
RE: Simple UI suggestions - 10/2/2013 9:27:50 PM   
Fred Sanford

I would like the "launch as a group" button to be on the mission editor screen as well. Or is there a way to group assigned assets on that screen that I don't know about?

(in reply to spelk)
Post #: 2
RE: Simple UI suggestions - 10/2/2013 10:12:54 PM   
mikmykWS

Requests logged.

Mike

(in reply to Fred Sanford)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Simple UI suggestions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI