Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bugs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Bugs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bugs - 10/3/2013 1:33:03 AM   
nawarren

Hi there,

As an old time Harpoon user I couldn't wait to buy this. However I've got to say I am very disappointed with the release. To me this software is not finished and should not have been released. Not sure what your beta testers were up to? But surely they were reporting obvious bugs. This product was priced at a fairly high price point and I expected a corresponding high level of quality in the product that if I'm honest is not there.

I was doing the first tutorial, and had NAS Fallon become attached to an F14 CAP group. This led to NAS FALLON flying around the map!! Kind of ruined the suspension of disbelief and the mission as I was unable to detach it.

Whilst completing the Submarine tutorial I was able to fire tomahawk missiles from deep, approx. -1000 feet and 32 knots. Surely you have to be shallow or surfaced to fire tomahawks?

Also why do most a/c fly at 40000 feet, this seems unrealistic to me, they seem to climb and descend unbelievably fast.

Hopefully in 6 months or so this will be the game I expected on release!

Cheers

Neil
Post #: 1
RE: Bugs - 10/3/2013 2:37:00 AM   
SilentHunter

A few of us had that same issue with NAS Fallon getting attached to the flight, I could not reproduce it but it happened to me too. I know the devs are aware of that one. I also know they acknowledged decent rates on the airplanes will be fixed and is also a known issue. not sure about the subs though. I don't think it's going to take them 6 months, they are pretty active and seem willing to address any valid major concerns, many things got fixed in the first latest beta patch. I'm impressed with them and their attention to us so far.

(in reply to nawarren)
Post #: 2
RE: Bugs - 10/3/2013 8:01:22 AM   
Dimitris

quote:

I was doing the first tutorial, and had NAS Fallon become attached to an F14 CAP group. This led to NAS FALLON flying around the map!! Kind of ruined the suspension of disbelief and the mission as I was unable to detach it.

Whilst completing the Submarine tutorial I was able to fire tomahawk missiles from deep, approx. -1000 feet and 32 knots. Surely you have to be shallow or surfaced to fire tomahawks?

Also why do most a/c fly at 40000 feet, this seems unrealistic to me, they seem to climb and descend unbelievably fast.

Thank you! We are looking into these issues.

Our apologies that Command is not meeting your high expectations. We hope you stick around for all the improvements and additions coming.

(in reply to SilentHunter)
Post #: 3
RE: Bugs - 10/3/2013 8:48:43 AM   
nawarren

Hi,

Thanks for the replies, perhaps I was a little harsh, I can see that you are addressing these issues and bringing out patches. I will certainly be sticking around and hopefully this can be a worthy successor to Harpoon!

Cheers

Neil

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 4
RE: Bugs - 10/5/2013 7:03:02 PM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: nawarren

Unable to reproduce this in B439 & B440, could you please try this again?

quote:

Fixed in Build 440.

quote:

Reduced the dive rates for aircraft & submarines in Build 440.

Thanks!

(in reply to nawarren)
Post #: 5
RE: Bugs - 10/5/2013 7:50:48 PM   
nawarren

Hi Sunburn,

Thanks for your reply. This is really growing on me. You guys seem to be all over the bugs. Very good news that you are listening and fixing these issues. Thank you. As regards to NAS Fallon getting to be part of a group and moving around. I saw a post from someone else who had the same thing happen. I only had it happen the once. But have not played the tutorial again.

Cheers

Neil

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 6
RE: Bugs - 10/6/2013 3:18:17 AM   
mvmatson

I've been playing this for a week and the game system is not stable. Small scenarios seem to work fine, but the larger ones keep locking up. For example I've had the game freeze and program crash twice today trying to play the Standing Naval Force Atlantic / 1979 scenario. I'm finding myself checking the update button ever time I power up, hoping for the first push. I had previously bought War in the East for the same price as Command and was expecting the same quality of game. This game was not ready.

(in reply to nawarren)
Post #: 7
RE: Bugs - 10/6/2013 7:30:43 AM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: mvmatson
I've been playing this for a week and the game system is not stable. Small scenarios seem to work fine, but the larger ones keep locking up. For example I've had the game freeze and program crash twice today trying to play the Standing Naval Force Atlantic / 1979 scenario. I'm finding myself checking the update button ever time I power up, hoping for the first push. I had previously bought War in the East for the same price as Command and was expecting the same quality of game. This game was not ready.

Hello,

Have you installed the v1.01 RC? (http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=3428664). Our experience so far is that it fixes the vast majority of performance & stability issues experienced in v1. Thanks!

(in reply to mvmatson)
Post #: 8
RE: Bugs - 10/7/2013 1:25:35 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: nawarren

Hi Sunburn,

Thanks for your reply. This is really growing on me. You guys seem to be all over the bugs. Very good news that you are listening and fixing these issues. Thank you. As regards to NAS Fallon getting to be part of a group and moving around. I saw a post from someone else who had the same thing happen. I only had it happen the once. But have not played the tutorial again.

Cheers

Neil

This happens if you select a plane first, and then FALLON when creating a group. The other way and the group stays put from memory.

Michael

(in reply to nawarren)
Post #: 9
RE: Bugs - 10/17/2013 9:52:38 AM   
Dimitris

bump

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Bugs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI