Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Su-25 - is it, a plane, a tank, an APC?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Tech Support >> Su-25 - is it, a plane, a tank, an APC? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Su-25 - is it, a plane, a tank, an APC? - 10/16/2013 9:54:45 AM   
Thomasew

Hi,

First off, .. this seems to be an isolated incident, .. as, I have not been able to re-create it.

I was playing the Tutorial Scenario, .. but, as the Warsaw Pact. After the first turn (05:22), I Saved the game and exited.

Later, I reloaded the Save, and continued playing. When the SU-25 arrives, I got the msg 'The Soviet A/C Su-25 has just arrived in Hex 3817 with 2x SU-25 Frogfoot'. I did indeed notice that it wasn't off screen, but positioned in hex 3817. .. normally that Radio Traffic msg should read .. 'and is available off-map'

I was able to give it move orders etc., .. and in successive turns watched as it moved across the map, like a mobile unit. I wasn't able to give it any orders specific to Aircraft e.g. Air Strike etc.

I reloaded the Save several times, with the same result. As I said, I tried to replicate the problem, by starting a new game, .. saving the scenario, and reloading the save, .. but have been unable to do so .. yet.

Anyway, I've included the Save for the peeps to have a look at.

One of the things I noticed when testing the SU-25, .. and later, the Tornado, .. is that Attack Aircraft (non-Helo) don't seem to have any Spot capabilities i.e. they don't detect enemy ground units. I deliberately kept all my ground units away from the Vicory Points areas, and only when I saw the VP hex colours change to Blue or Red, as the case may be, .. did I send in the SU-25 or Tornado. At no time did they detect/reveal any ground units whilst they were attacking, nor reveal any units in adjacent hexes.

Surely, .. this can't be right. I would expect that enemy units in or around the Target Hex would be revealed.

Cheers
Tom

Attachment (1)

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win
Post #: 1
RE: Su-25 - is it, a plane, a tank, an APC? - 10/16/2013 12:11:00 PM   
CapnDarwin

Thomasew,

It ate my reply (twice), but I can't open the zip file. It should not be on map like other units. I added the spotting from air strikes into the features request list. We will look this over.

Thanks for your inputs!

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to Thomasew)
Post #: 2
RE: Su-25 - is it, a plane, a tank, an APC? - 10/16/2013 12:31:41 PM   
cbelva

Jim,
I was able to open the zip file. I am sending the saved game file to you. I loaded the save game file. The unit A/C Su-25 did not have an icon on the map and the unit's name on the OOB was greyed out like a reinforcement. However, when you clicked on the name in the oob window the cursor highlighted hex 3817 and the description in the UDP said that the unit was unspotted in hex 3817. However, in the bottom of the UDP it said "arrival in 38 minutes". I am emailing you this file.

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 3
RE: Su-25 - is it, a plane, a tank, an APC? - 10/16/2013 12:33:09 PM   
CapnDarwin

Thanks Charles. I'll look this over this evening!

(in reply to cbelva)
Post #: 4
RE: Su-25 - is it, a plane, a tank, an APC? - 10/16/2013 1:58:07 PM   
Thomasew

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

Thomasew,

It ate my reply (twice), but I can't open the zip file. It should not be on map like other units. I added the spotting from air strikes into the features request list. We will look this over.

Thanks for your inputs!

Hi,

Did you try WinRAR? I used WinRAR to archive it, .. but, as the forum doesn't accept .rar files, .. I had to rename it to .zip

Cheers
Tom

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 5
RE: Su-25 - is it, a plane, a tank, an APC? - 10/16/2013 2:00:03 PM   
Thomasew

quote:

ORIGINAL: cbelva

Jim,
I was able to open the zip file. I am sending the saved game file to you. I loaded the save game file. The unit A/C Su-25 did not have an icon on the map and the unit's name on the OOB was greyed out like a reinforcement. However, when you clicked on the name in the oob window the cursor highlighted hex 3817 and the description in the UDP said that the unit was unspotted in hex 3817. However, in the bottom of the UDP it said "arrival in 38 minutes". I am emailing you this file.

Hi there,

Did you let it run until the Su-25 arrives? .. as, then it will appear on the Map.

This pic shows it following the movement path I gave it.

Cheers
Tom

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Thomasew -- 10/16/2013 2:02:42 PM >

(in reply to cbelva)
Post #: 6
RE: Su-25 - is it, a plane, a tank, an APC? - 10/16/2013 2:05:21 PM   
cbelva

No I didn't, but I will past this info on to Rob.

(in reply to Thomasew)
Post #: 7
RE: Su-25 - is it, a plane, a tank, an APC? - 10/16/2013 3:16:42 PM   
CapnDarwin

Thomasew, did the bug occur playing the scenario for the first time or had you played a scenario and started this game when the bug occurred?

(in reply to cbelva)
Post #: 8
RE: Su-25 - is it, a plane, a tank, an APC? - 10/16/2013 3:48:15 PM   
Thomasew

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

Thomasew, did the bug occur playing the scenario for the first time or had you played a scenario and started this game when the bug occurred?

Hi Capn,

I'm pretty sure that it was the 1st Scenario I loaded that day, .. although I can't say with 100% certainty that it was the case.

I knew I didn't have a lot of time, and just wanted to play a small scenario (which I prefer). I had just played thru the 1st turn, when my phone rang, .. and I had to leave. I saved the game at the end of turn 1. i.e. 05:22

The one thing that might have occurred, .. is that I may have loaded another scenario prior to that .. but, didn't play it .. and then loaded the Tutorial Scenario instead. I have done that before, so, it's certainly not beyond the realm of possibility, .. that I did it again. I may have even loaded the tutorial scenario as NATO, .. then changed my mind, .. exited, .. and restarted as Warsaw Pact. I honestly can't remember.

It was a couple of days ago, .. and I've spent time testing to try and recreate the problem, .. as well as playing thru the scenario a couple of times.

I do know, .. that I didn't actually play any other scenario, .. prior to playing the Tutorial as the Warsaw Pact.

Sorry I can't be more absolute.

Cheers
Tom

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 9
RE: Su-25 - is it, a plane, a tank, an APC? - 10/16/2013 4:35:31 PM   
CapnDarwin

Tom, the fact that you may have loaded a scenario before playing the one that failed is a big help to us. It points to a possible memory bleed through issue. We have worked hard to resolve all of these but this may be one we missed. I will get this on the bug fixes list.

(in reply to Thomasew)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Tech Support >> Su-25 - is it, a plane, a tank, an APC? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI