Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Naval movement question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School >> Naval movement question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Naval movement question - 11/17/2013 3:18:58 PM   
smittyohio90

So, I'm reading the rules, and getting used to the UI, and ran into something I can't reconcile b/w the rules and the UI behavior.

Under 11.4.1. DEFINITION OF NAVAL MOVE:

You make 1 “naval move” with SUB units every time you:

Move a group of organized SUB units from one port, to any number of destinations (ports or sea-box sections, even in different sea areas)

Example: It would count as 1 naval move if you moved 3 SUBs from Brest to the Central Atlantic and put 2 into the 3 section and 1 into the 2 section.

I picked a "combined" action for Germany (1 naval move), and thought, based on the above rule and example, that I could pick up 2 subs from Kiel and move them into the North Sea. However, I am unable to do so... the cursor is an "X", and the MF tells me "Exceeds naval move limits". If I choose only 1 sub, it works. What am I missing?
Post #: 1
RE: Naval movement question - 11/17/2013 3:27:20 PM   
Rekm41

Do both subs have the same range? Maybe one cannot reach there.

Keep Moving and Keep your Head DOWN!!

(in reply to smittyohio90)
Post #: 2
RE: Naval movement question - 11/17/2013 3:29:03 PM   
Centuur

Couple of questions:

Did you move any ship before you try to move the subs?

Is it the first impulse of the game (since Germany is neutral in the first impulse, he can only move 1 SUB as a naval move)?

If both answers are "no", than it looks like a bug to me...

Peter

Post #: 3
RE: Naval movement question - 11/17/2013 3:29:46 PM   
Centuur

quote:

ORIGINAL: rekm41

Do both subs have the same range? Maybe one cannot reach there.

North Sea is only 1 range from Kiel. All sub's have larger ranges...

Peter

(in reply to Rekm41)
Post #: 4
RE: Naval movement question - 11/17/2013 3:40:19 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: smittyohio2

So, I'm reading the rules, and getting used to the UI, and ran into something I can't reconcile b/w the rules and the UI behavior.

Move a group of organized SUB units from one port, to any number of destinations (ports or sea-box sections, even in different sea areas)

Example: It would count as 1 naval move if you moved 3 SUBs from Brest to the Central Atlantic and put 2 into the 3 section and 1 into the 2 section.

I picked a "combined" action for Germany (1 naval move), and thought, based on the above rule and example, that I could pick up 2 subs from Kiel and move them into the North Sea. However, I am unable to do so... the cursor is an "X", and the MF tells me "Exceeds naval move limits". If I choose only 1 sub, it works. What am I missing?

If this is the first impulse of the first turn of Global War, then Germany is technically 'neutral' and can only move 1 naval unit.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Post #: 5
RE: Naval movement question - 11/17/2013 3:51:02 PM   
smittyohio90

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

If this is the first impulse of the first turn of Global War, then Germany is technically 'neutral' and can only move 1 naval unit.

Thanks all for the quick responses! Steve hit the nail on the head... It was the first turn of the Globar War scenario. I was just about to reply to my original post that it didn't seem to affect any other country, but I guess I don't need to now ;-)

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 6
RE: Naval movement question - 11/17/2013 7:01:05 PM   
bo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thanks all for the quick responses! Steve hit the nail on the head... It was the first turn of the Globar War scenario. I was just about to reply to my original post that it didn't seem to affect any other country, but I guess I don't need to now ;-)

\
Hey smitty I think Centuur helped you first, his feelings get hurt if you do not recognize his efforts People from the Neds are very very touchy.

Bo

Post #: 7
RE: Naval movement question - 11/17/2013 7:05:27 PM   
AxelNL

quote:

ORIGINAL: bo

quote:

quote:

quote:

\
Hey smitty I think Centuur helped you first, his feelings get hurt if you do not recognize his efforts People from the Neds are very very touchy.

Bo

What do you mean by that last comment!!!!

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 8
RE: Naval movement question - 11/17/2013 7:07:23 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxelNL

quote:

ORIGINAL: bo

quote:

quote:

quote:

\

Bo

What do you mean by that last comment!!!!

It means that we like people from Netherlands so much that we make jokes about it.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to AxelNL)
Post #: 9
RE: Naval movement question - 11/18/2013 6:56:28 PM   
Centuur

Thank God that I'm part Austrian than...

Peter

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 10
RE: Naval movement question - 11/18/2013 6:59:07 PM   
Zorachus99

I watched the naval movement video and figured it out. Not intuitive, so watch the video :)

Most men can survive adversity, the true test of a man's character is power. -Abraham Lincoln

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School >> Naval movement question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI