Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is it WAD that some techs don't appear in some games?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Pandora Series >> Is it WAD that some techs don't appear in some games? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is it WAD that some techs don't appear in some games? - 12/2/2013 10:57:30 PM   
Solaristics

I know that techs are randomized, but I didn't realize that some techs don't appear at all in some games. In my current game the Stock Market hasn't appeared (the Colonization Era credits bonus building) and I can see all the techs for that era now, but I seem to remember it being in my previous game. Is this WAD?
Post #: 1
RE: Is it WAD that some techs don't appear in some games? - 12/2/2013 11:51:50 PM   
aaatoysandmore

yeah it's called screw the human teching campaign.

(in reply to Solaristics)
Post #: 2
RE: Is it WAD that some techs don't appear in some games? - 2/22/2014 4:51:51 PM   
unsubstantiation

I love this feature. It moves around what tech level some items are and if they appear at all. reminds me of Sword of the Stars, a great feature. I just wish there were more techs, there also should be endless techs. For example: after a line of reseasrch is finished have mineral 9, mineral 10, ecological 15, and so on.

beautifulacacia.com

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 3
RE: Is it WAD that some techs don't appear in some games? - 5/10/2014 11:05:57 AM   
SKRen

I've found that if a tech won't appear it's cause you skipped a low level tech tied to it. From what I can see, each tech has a set of prerequisite techs it checks to see if it can be placed on the table. So in addition to being organized randomly, if you dodge certain techs you can be left with blank spots where the tech won't be allowed to appear because you didn't take it's prerequisite.

(in reply to unsubstantiation)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Pandora Series >> Is it WAD that some techs don't appear in some games? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI