Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Beta patches feedback thread

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Pandora Series >> Beta patches feedback thread Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Beta patches feedback thread - 12/1/2013 9:36:07 AM   
Solaristics

I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread on this forum that allows players to feedback to the devs what they think about the changes in the beta patches as they are made.

I'll kick it off by saying that while I like the introduction of a way to buy and sell resources, I have some concerns about it:

1. It breaks immersion in the early game. Who am I buying and selling from in this new and alien world where I have no diplomatic contact with other factions?

2. It seems to be buying and selling from a bank. I'd prefer a system like in HoI where players buy and sell from each other. I think this kind of trade would help make diplomacy more interesting also.

< Message edited by Hondo -- 12/1/2013 10:55:30 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Beta patches feedback thread - 12/1/2013 5:48:46 PM   
aaatoysandmore

Speaking of Crusader Kings (the origional one) one of the things I liked about it is the ai could never go into debt. Sort of a never ending supply of funds within limits. Obviously it wasn't unlimited but it was enough to help the ai in tough moments when the human player was trying to grunt rush it instead of playing strategically. I'd like to see that in Pandora. It's something you'll have to tweak to get the right balance depending on how aggressive you've made your ai. Being able to churn out a counter force to the human player in a hurry would sure make the ai more challenging and I dare to say more fun. Of course you will have your whiners and criers saying this is unfair but it was unfair in Crusader Kings I and it was a great idea that made the ai more challenging and more fun even so. Balance is one thing the ai can't deal with in most games. It has to have advantages until you guys figure out how to give it real intelligence.

(in reply to Solaristics)
Post #: 2
RE: Beta patches feedback thread - 12/1/2013 9:06:17 PM   
Raja

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hondo

I'll kick it off by saying that while I like the introduction of a way to buy and sell resources, I have some concerns about it:

1. It breaks immersion in the early game. Who am I buying and selling from in this new and alien world where I have no diplomatic contact with other factions?

2. It seems to be buying and selling from a bank. I'd prefer a system like in HoI where players buy and sell from each other. I think this kind of trade would help make diplomacy more interesting also.

Although I have yet to try out the new beta, ^this is one of the main reasons why I suggested "implementing the functionality of a marketplace by just extending the gifting and tribute features of diplomacy to include food, minerals, and potentially cities; and adding a neutral option to make a proposal for an instant trade" (on the Slitherine boards, can't post links here yet).
Hopefully I can get some time in with the beta tonight.

(in reply to Solaristics)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Pandora Series >> Beta patches feedback thread Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI