Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Not sure what the deal is

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Not sure what the deal is Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Not sure what the deal is - 12/10/2013 4:54:28 AM   
dillonkbase

So I have the game downloaded, and it does run, although its a bit choppy...I have a core i5 2.5 ghz and 6gb of ram... but I guess that's just the way it is...

In any case I wonder if my scenarios are corrupted, as I seem to be getting to the action...maybe too quick. In the air training scenario, after launching f-14 with ecom off I literally am getting attacked by missiles before the aircraft form up. time in scenario is less that 7 minutes? I restarted and ran it again with the same result. So I tried the seabased training mission and once again, certainly before entering the A zone, I was under attack. I have run it several times now, ecom off or on, it seems like I am being attacked almost immediately.. Just wonder if this is correct?

As a side question that's not so technical, whats the trick to accurately hitting targets with the deck gun on that ddg in the training mission... I fired over a hundred rounds at that artillery piece before I destroyed it?

to many issues not to worship those with answers!!! thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Not sure what the deal is - 12/10/2013 1:41:11 PM   
navwarcol

I am thinking (just my own analysis) that in the tutorials, the scenario designers wanted to quickly get the player involved, to highlight the games features. The forum member id# Baloogan has a very good tutorial walk through on youtube, it is not on the history on this pc but he posts quite often and it is linked on all of his posts. Most scenarios will not so quickly get into it, the ones I write probably lull the player to sleep before hitting him lol but it is just the choice of the scenario designer how fast he wants the player to jump into the fray.
Patch your game to the latest level, in the thread below it is about halfway through the v1.02 release candidate thread. The patches have helped a lot with naval gunfire.
Good luck!

(in reply to dillonkbase)
Post #: 2
RE: Not sure what the deal is - 12/10/2013 5:26:32 PM   
AdmiralSteve

In regards to the naval gunfire, it has been my only beef with the simulation, reiterating, simulation. It can't be perfect for the price point that it's at. Programmers, I assume, can only write so much code into a program before it becomes outrageously large in size and priced out of the civilian price point. Although I think if you ask anyone who served infantry in the Army or Marines or a Gunners Mate in the Navy, you'll find that shells are not 100% on target, especially when hitting a moving target. Even the new 5-inch 127-mm/62 Mk-45 mod 4 will not hit every target every time especially when its at maximum range. Close that gap and the accuracy improves. Remember, you're shooting an unguided, unmaneuverable projectile 13 miles or farther.

I've played Harpoon, Point of Attack, Global Conflict Blue, TacOps and now Command. From what I have seen in my many years of playing these, top-down, tactical style games, gunfire from 7.62mm to 203mm units from any platform never can be 100% true to life accurate. I do think that if you continue to play Command, you'll see that it is within the top 3 military sims that you can play for the money, for its graphical user interface and its accuracy to real world situations.

“There are no extraordinary men...just extraordinary circumstances that ordinary men are forced to deal with.”
Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. 1882-1959

(in reply to navwarcol)
Post #: 3
RE: Not sure what the deal is - 12/10/2013 7:17:34 PM   
thewood1

I am not sure the point...my ships sometimes seem to be unable to hit anything at times.

quote:

ORIGINAL: AdmSteebe

In regards to the naval gunfire, it has been my only beef with the simulation, reiterating, simulation. It can't be perfect for the price point that it's at. Programmers, I assume, can only write so much code into a program before it becomes outrageously large in size and priced out of the civilian price point. Although I think if you ask anyone who served infantry in the Army or Marines or a Gunners Mate in the Navy, you'll find that shells are not 100% on target, especially when hitting a moving target. Even the new 5-inch 127-mm/62 Mk-45 mod 4 will not hit every target every time especially when its at maximum range. Close that gap and the accuracy improves. Remember, you're shooting an unguided, unmaneuverable projectile 13 miles or farther.

I've played Harpoon, Point of Attack, Global Conflict Blue, TacOps and now Command. From what I have seen in my many years of playing these, top-down, tactical style games, gunfire from 7.62mm to 203mm units from any platform never can be 100% true to life accurate. I do think that if you continue to play Command, you'll see that it is within the top 3 military sims that you can play for the money, for its graphical user interface and its accuracy to real world situations.

(in reply to AdmiralSteve)
Post #: 4
RE: Not sure what the deal is - 12/10/2013 8:51:32 PM   
mikmykWS

So what kind of ammo are you using

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 5
RE: Not sure what the deal is - 12/11/2013 11:48:31 AM   
Flankerk

Must admit a big wow factor for me was with the first Scenario, Chinese Jianghu types engaging the Phillipines allied ships.
At first the gunfire seemed to be going nowhere at which point I realised the Chinese were using VT type ammo.

Soon after most of the gun crews were out of action.

Not much damage initially to the ships, but no longer being able to respond with any weapons on open mounts was impressive.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Not sure what the deal is Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI