Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Noob Question: Missing Vectors

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Noob Question: Missing Vectors Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Noob Question: Missing Vectors - 1/3/2014 4:51:02 PM   
reggimann

Hi guys

First post in here, I got the game a few days ago (incl. all of the expansions). My life is practically ruined, I can't sleep anymore thanks to this wonder of a product.

In my most recent pre-warp start with the Quameno my ships won't draw their vectors, even if enabled above the minimap. Same for the private sector ships. In the beginning I played the humans and there it worked... Is this race related? Or am I missing a tech?

Any help is appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Noob Question: Missing Vectors - 1/3/2014 5:04:34 PM   
Darkspire

quote:

ORIGINAL: CptEggman

Hi guys

First post in here, I got the game a few days ago (incl. all of the expansions). My life is practically ruined, I can't sleep anymore thanks to this wonder of a product.

In my most recent pre-warp start with the Quameno my ships won't draw their vectors, even if enabled above the minimap. Same for the private sector ships. In the beginning I played the humans and there it worked... Is this race related? Or am I missing a tech?

Any help is appreciated.

You will not see them zoomed out, like the full zoom with the END key, you need to be at DELETE key zoom distance or closer to see the vectors.

Darkspire

(in reply to reggimann)
Post #: 2
RE: Noob Question: Missing Vectors - 1/3/2014 5:45:59 PM   
reggimann

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darkspire
You will not see them zoomed out, like the full zoom with the END key, you need to be at DELETE key zoom distance or closer to see the vectors.

Hey Darkspire, thanks for your answer. I'm all the way zoomed in and they are not there. BUT I did some searching in the forum - as I should have done earlier - and found out that evidently these vectors are only drawn for ships with warp engines. Since I'm early pre-warp and have no warp tech yet this seems to be it!

Thanks

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 3
RE: Noob Question: Missing Vectors - 1/3/2014 10:00:18 PM   
Antmf_slith

Being a total noob I was wondering the same thing. hahah thanks for answering my question :)

(in reply to reggimann)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Noob Question: Missing Vectors Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI