Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New to SC series

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> New to SC series Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New to SC series - 1/24/2017 2:00:57 AM   
ME262

Having never played any of the SC series I must say upfront that I have really enjoyed the many hours I have spent playing this newest release. with that said I have managed three major axis victories! none
of which came easy... I do have some questions however, in the future will engineers be able to blow up cities, rail crossings; bridges etc. perhaps build some types of mega structures? I also noticed that recon units are not readily available for purchase..perhaps someone could explain the reason for this?excellent game! looking forward to additional con
tent as well.
Post #: 1
RE: New to SC series - 1/24/2017 2:29:59 AM   
James Taylor

Welcome to the series. The recon units are a specially acquired unit in this rendition and available for other user customized scenarios as are other units.

I think you'll find that you've been introduced to the best grand strategy product available for the WW2 era with the versatility to cover many other eras as well, not to mention the ability to branch into the operational scale also.

SeaMonkey

(in reply to ME262)
Post #: 2
RE: New to SC series - 1/24/2017 10:55:32 AM   
OxfordGuy3

My brain is still converting itself from the CEAW-GS way of doing thing (I've never played a previous SC iteration), but I think I like SC3, especially how it handles supply and HQs. The naval combat is quite different and I'm still not quite sure of the best way to use my fleets and subs. Hope they're not going to be prone to cheating in MP, like in CEAW-GS, especially reloading after getting surprised.

(in reply to James Taylor)
Post #: 3
RE: New to SC series - 1/24/2017 1:54:54 PM   
dox44

new to SC series too. bought SC3 when it came out and have been playing since. Its a top shelf game. Haven't played anything like it
since tabletop TR so i have a lot to take in.

(in reply to OxfordGuy3)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> New to SC series Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI