Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Graphical Issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Tech Support >> Graphical Issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Graphical Issues - 10/18/2009 10:09:25 PM   
JudgeDredd

I'm not sure if this is linked to switching off DirectDraw....

When I start a game, I have roundels set to on. However, when I actually start the phase and my German bombers start to take off, all I ever see is squares. I then went into the options and switched roundels to off and went back to the game. Sure enough, there were my planes, but a whole load of RAF planes that I had no idea where there...they were not showing on the map. When I went back to the options to switch roundels back on and went back to the game...all the planes (roundels) appeared visible.

On top of this, at some point (after the above happened) in the game one of my raids was bombing a radar site...but all I saw was a square and the explosions. I then had to go in to the options, switch roundels off, go back to the game, then go back to options and switch roundels back on...then the unit attacking the radar site showed.

This is probably linked to the DirectDraw being off...makes sense seeing as it causes all sorts of graphical issues anyway...just thought I'd throw that over to you.
Post #: 1
RE: Graphical Issues - 10/20/2009 11:19:36 PM   
JudgeDredd

I can confirm that roundels don't always show. I sat watching an empty sky over Britain but heard aircraft taking off...suddenly bombs dropping and planes exploding and messages. When I went to options and turned off roundels, the skies were filled with aircraft.

Turning roundels on after that I think was ok, though I can't really be 100% sure.

Also I now do not think this is linked to Direct Draw as I have Direct Draw switched on now and the same issue occurred.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 2
RE: Graphical Issues - 3/19/2013 6:11:47 PM   
sanch

I ran into this problem also. Normally I prefer roundels over the plane images. But, during turn resolution, there was no way I could get roundels to show. The best I could do was the various-colored boxes moving around.

Latest patch - 1.02, Windows XP, with processor affinity core 0 (dual-core CPU) that otherwise works fine.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 3
RE: Graphical Issues - 3/20/2013 9:36:13 PM   
sanch

I unset (cleared) 'Set DirectDraw Software Emulation', restarted, and now have my roundels back.

Go figure.

(in reply to sanch)
Post #: 4
RE: Graphical Issues - 12/27/2013 6:39:44 PM   
mattyb1972

Having the exact problems but cant fix, tired all the things you guys have, also running in win98 and xp modes, running win7 but the same old stuff no roundels but also no acft images, any other suggestions?

(in reply to sanch)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Tech Support >> Graphical Issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI