Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Weird MP game result.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Tech Support >> Weird MP game result. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Weird MP game result. - 3/2/2014 12:34:44 AM   
z1812

I was playing an online MP scenario called, "Hello, How are You". Victory conditions for both sides are to own 3 building hexes.

As Germans, when the game finished I had 3 shaken squads and 2 leaders with 5 squads in good order. I owned 2 victory hexes.

The Soviets had only 1 squad left and owned 1 victory hex.

The Soviets were awarded the victory. My opponent and I both thought that very odd.

I hope that was a glitch and not something that happens too often. Otherwise the game was fun and we both enjoyed it.
Post #: 1
RE: Weird MP game result. - 3/2/2014 1:55:04 AM   
Tom Proudfoot

The German player needs to capture all the victory hexes to win that one. I will make the briefing clearer.

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 2
RE: Weird MP game result. - 3/2/2014 5:24:44 AM   
z1812

The same thing happened again. "Bitter Enemies" was the MP scenario.

As German I was to hold 5 building hexes to win. At the end I only managed to hold 4, but I was still awarded the victory.

(in reply to Tom Proudfoot)
Post #: 3
RE: Weird MP game result. - 3/2/2014 5:29:33 AM   
z1812

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Proudfoot

The German player needs to capture all the victory hexes to win that one. I will make the briefing clearer.

Yipes. I eliminate all enemy units but for 1, while preserving the majority of my own. I have the majority of victory hexes and I still lose. Surely that does not seem right or ring true.

In that scenario it would be more reasonable to award a lesser level of victory but a victory none the less.
Have you thought of making some changes. The game is very good but those kind of results just leave people scratching their heads.

Post #: 4
RE: Weird MP game result. - 3/3/2014 5:00:44 PM   
Tom Proudfoot

As a general rule, player 1 needs to do everything on the victory conditions list or player 2 wins when the time runs out. The exceptions are the scenarios where it says capture 'more', in those cases there can be draws.

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 5
RE: Weird MP game result. - 3/3/2014 7:44:42 PM   
z1812

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Proudfoot

As a general rule, player 1 needs to do everything on the victory conditions list or player 2 wins when the time runs out. The exceptions are the scenarios where it says capture 'more', in those cases there can be draws.

Thanks for your reply. We will have to agree to dis-agree. The programs way of dealing with victory conditions sometimes feels very bizarre.

< Message edited by z1812 -- 3/3/2014 8:45:17 PM >

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Tech Support >> Weird MP game result. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI