Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Training Outside National Reserve

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Training Outside National Reserve Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Training Outside National Reserve - 3/17/2014 5:34:56 PM   
fbs

Does air training go faster in National Reserve or is it the same if I send the air units to some safe bases in the backyard?

The manual doesn't state any bonuses for training in national reserve rather than in a base, other than the fact that going to national reserve gives the unit a morale bonus of 15 (which helps training).
Post #: 1
RE: Training Outside National Reserve - 3/17/2014 5:57:14 PM   
M60A3TTS

To my knowledge, when you send units to the reserve, a number of them crash during training flights. They gain no experience while there or back away from the action.
Put units in the reserves to gain morale. The longer they stay there, the higher their morale although of course there is a limit.
Put units in the front line bases to gain experience. That is the only way they get experience, through actual combat.

(in reply to fbs)
Post #: 2
RE: Training Outside National Reserve - 3/17/2014 8:14:16 PM   
fbs

I read this in 9.3.2:

"Air group units gain experience based on the number of missions they fly. Air group units may automatically fly training missions each turn during their player turn logistics phase in order to gain additional experience. These missions will increase the chance of operational losses, resulting in additional damaged or destroyed aircraft from the air group units conducting the training."

You mean units in National Reserve don't fly training missions?

(in reply to M60A3TTS)
Post #: 3
RE: Training Outside National Reserve - 3/17/2014 9:35:09 PM   
M60A3TTS

Here are air two units in the national reserve over a period of 20 turns, that is about 5 months. Note experience did not change at all, morale a little.

(in reply to fbs)
Post #: 4
RE: Training Outside National Reserve - 3/17/2014 11:23:26 PM   
Oshawott

Air units in reserve can gain morale and experience. I placed all my bombers in reserve after the blizzard and many of them are now at 99 morale. Experience changes too but starts from a lower baseline. I highlighted a couple of examples in the screenshot. But eventually units in reserve will have 99 morale and 99 experience. You just have to wait long enough. It depends on luck of course (dice). Also units lose experience once they upgrade planes. I also read somewhere that there is a correlation between morale and experience. Experience can never go above morale. Is this right?

Anyway, I don't like this system. Morale of air groups should be linked to national morale and combat just like with ground units.

These are two consecutive turns T96/97.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Oshawott -- 3/18/2014 12:51:24 AM >

(in reply to M60A3TTS)
Post #: 5
RE: Training Outside National Reserve - 3/18/2014 12:52:11 AM   
fbs

Wow,

Both are excellent posts. Thank you both so much for them.

I reckon units in air reserve will slowly gain experience, and they will gain that faster in the front (provided they survive).

Aw man, where that isolated, uninhabited atoll for me to bomb through the whole war?

< Message edited by fbs -- 3/18/2014 5:33:17 AM >

(in reply to Oshawott)
Post #: 6
RE: Training Outside National Reserve - 3/22/2014 11:08:17 AM   
Balou

quote:

ORIGINAL: M60A3TTS

Here are air two units in the national reserve over a period of 20 turns, that is about 5 months. Note experience did not change at all, morale a little.

Questions:

1.: Would morale in a high morale/low experience unit drop fast when losses due to air combat increases ? Why I'm asking ? It has been said that all that really matters is experience. If this is true, then any morale gains in low experience air units back home are worthless. In other words: send low experience units to the front.

2.: Has anyone seen faster experience gains when low experience air units AND high experience air units are assigned to the same airfield / same HQ ?

(in reply to M60A3TTS)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Training Outside National Reserve Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI