Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Russian artillery

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Russian artillery Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Russian artillery - 3/21/2014 3:33:24 PM   
jwolf

I have some more basic Soviet management questions, this time about artillery. In my game against the AI it is November 1942. Most of my army and front HQs have several artillery support units of various kinds. In addition, I built two artillery divisions when they became available recently. Questions:

1. Do the artillery divisions really do any good or do the "behind the scenes" support units perform adequately in this role?

2. How do you use the artillery divisions and get them into some easy combats for experience?

3. How many artillery divisions does it make sense to build, assuming adequate supplies of men and equipment?
Post #: 1
RE: Russian artillery - 3/21/2014 4:12:20 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwolf

I have some more basic Soviet management questions, this time about artillery. In my game against the AI it is November 1942. Most of my army and front HQs have several artillery support units of various kinds. In addition, I built two artillery divisions when they became available recently. Questions:

1. Do the artillery divisions really do any good or do the "behind the scenes" support units perform adequately in this role?

2. How do you use the artillery divisions and get them into some easy combats for experience?

3. How many artillery divisions does it make sense to build, assuming adequate supplies of men and equipment?

Well... I got the link here to Governato's excellent thread collection where you most likely find the answers.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1180829/GWITE.bestof.V3.pdf

Never hesitate, ask the Oberst! :D

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to jwolf)
Post #: 2
RE: Russian artillery - 3/21/2014 7:01:19 PM   
Schmart

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwolf

Historically, the Russians built 37 Artillery plus 6 Rocket Divisions.

These units are very effective in WitE. I would highly recommend building up to the historical limits. Assign them to a deliberate attack like any other unit. They're best used one hex behind your units. They can also be put in reserve defensively and offensively.

(in reply to jwolf)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Russian artillery Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI