Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problems with Vehicle Class

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Tech Support >> Problems with Vehicle Class Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problems with Vehicle Class - 2/28/2014 4:52:46 AM   
Bel8910

I have a total of 123 (0-122) vehicle files in the vehicles.txt file. When I load up the game, I get the error pictured below saying "invalid vehicle class" on the associated AIteams.txt file. I have verified my numbers, vehicle types and even weapons but unable to figure why I am still getting this error. Thanks for the help.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Problems with Vehicle Class - 3/13/2014 1:15:21 PM   
Bel8910

I have figured out this problem. While the game will allow you to have +124 vehicles, any vehicle with the number above 123 will show this error. Odd considering this game allows a larger number of teams/icons/etc. then previous games in the series.

(in reply to Bel8910)
Post #: 2
RE: Problems with Vehicle Class - 3/13/2014 1:56:03 PM   
Platoon_Michael

I have 131 vehicles in WAR.

I cant say for sure but I doubt they'd decrease the number.
Are you sure the Vehicle Class on your teams page and that of the vehicles page are correct?
Is the other Team also using a vehicle class of 0?

(in reply to Bel8910)
Post #: 3
RE: Problems with Vehicle Class - 3/13/2014 7:33:31 PM   
Bel8910

Platoon_Michael,

Yes, I am sure I did not double the number and I double checked my AITeams. What I finally did was move my vehicle from spot "124" to spot "36" (which was unused) and the error cleared itself up. So, again...maybe an assumption on my part...I don't think you can go beyond 124 vehicles (0-123) on PITF without the error showing up. If you find something different, please let me know!

(in reply to Platoon_Michael)
Post #: 4
RE: Problems with Vehicle Class - 3/13/2014 8:15:05 PM   
SteveMcClaire

This warning is incorrect. You can have more than 120 vehicle classes, but right now the game will show you this warning for any value exceeding 120. It is safe to ignore the warning. This is something I can fix, but it will need to wait until an updated to Panthers in the Fog happens, so it won't be immediately.

Also, you said that vehicle class 36 was unused. If by unused you mean an entry for vehicle class 36 is in your data files but you were not using it for any team in the game, that's fine. If you do not have an entry for class 36 in your data file, this will cause problems too.

Steve

(in reply to Bel8910)
Post #: 5
RE: Problems with Vehicle Class - 3/13/2014 10:46:16 PM   
Bel8910

Steve,
Thanks for the input. This was on a modified game...I had "extra" vehicle in line 36 that is why I moved it from 124 to 36. And yes, for awhile I was hitting the "debug" or "ignore" error button but it was just get frustrating doing so each time I opened the game...but, yes no crashes when I did it.
As always, appreciate your hard work!

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Tech Support >> Problems with Vehicle Class Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI