Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Stacking and land movement

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Stacking and land movement Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Stacking and land movement - 6/1/2014 1:10:37 PM   
palad1n

An observation from the MWIF players at the Australasian WIF convention 2014.

MWIF does not allow overstacking at any time. RAW 7 (& RAC) state stacking (limits) apply at the end of every step. So why does MWIF not allow overstacking during a step (example at the end of the land movement step)? Not allowing interim overstacking during a step, particularly the land movement phase, generates an unnecessary amount of work (and time used) to shuffle one unit out, then shuffle other units around to finally end up with pretty much what one wanted to achieve. Except that the first unit moved out, even if it had movement points left, cannot be moved again. During the MWIF game this led to some stacks being "short changed"; that is instead of the triple stack it became a double stack (normally one corp and div). MWIF should not concern itself with overstacking until the phasing player selects end of step. A pop up error message is all that is needed to go back, find the overstacking and correct it. Playing hot seat takes enough time as it is serial progression, the additional time taken to carefully plot out what units need to move, to beef up the front line or reorganise the counter mix in stacks because of this inbuilt inhibition is wasteful.
Post #: 1
RE: Stacking and land movement - 6/1/2014 2:01:17 PM   
Platon

I have been given the following answer a couple of days ago to this topic by AxeINL:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Platon

As to RAC 2.3.1. Stacking Limits apply at the end of a every step and after advance after combat. Due to this rule it must be possible for example to move a stack consisting of two units to a hex already containing two further units, drop them of there and move the units originally in the hex elsewere. This should work ok if only it is made sure that there is no overstacking at the end of the landmovement step.
Despite this theory I am not able to do this in the game because I get an overstack warning as soon as I hoover the moving stack over the stack which is already in the hex.
What am I missing here?

Advice appreciated

You have run into a limitation of the engine. It is on the wishlist.
It is encountered usually trying to optimise the French defense line.

< Message edited by Platon -- 6/1/2014 3:02:01 PM >

(in reply to palad1n)
Post #: 2
RE: Stacking and land movement - 6/1/2014 8:04:01 PM   
paulderynck

There is a workaround involving use of the Undo command to put the units you got out of the way temporarily, back to where they were.

Paul

(in reply to Platon)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Stacking and land movement Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI