Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question about DWU.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Question about DWU. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question about DWU. - 5/29/2014 9:15:36 AM   
pasty11

So I was wondering about DWU.Haha only kidding, I do have a question tho, how do you start a fully custom game not in the age of shadows but in the classical age? I would like to try a pre warp game in the classical age with full customisation etc but I cant see were the option for time period to start in. Is it something to do with story lines?
Post #: 1
RE: Question about DWU. - 5/29/2014 9:24:02 AM   
Darkspire

quote:

ORIGINAL: pasty11

So I was wondering about DWU.Haha only kidding, I do have a question tho, how do you start a fully custom game not in the age of shadows but in the classical age? I would like to try a pre warp game in the classical age with full customisation etc but I cant see were the option for time period to start in. Is it something to do with story lines?

You can no longer do that in Universe.

The Galaxy Expansion slider must be set to PreWarp and the tech slider on the Your Empire page must also be set to PreWarp for a Prewarp game.

For a classic age start make sure both sliders are set to Starting.

The messages for a PreWarp game have also changed, if you want those now you must also enable the Shadow story lines, you did not need to do that in Shadows.

Darkspire

(in reply to pasty11)
Post #: 2
RE: Question about DWU. - 5/29/2014 9:28:40 AM   
Bingeling

Dial down pirate strength to make the game "less shadows". Tweak the storyline options on the victory screen for your liking.

I think there is no way to give the pirates their "oldtime behavior", but weak pirate groups still feel quite like the old, wimpy ones. Two frigates and a base to blow up... They will place mines and stuff, though, and try to raid colonies if feeling brave.

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 3
RE: Question about DWU. - 5/29/2014 9:30:50 AM   
Jim D Burns

Custom games all take place after the storyline of the ancient age, so they can be considered age of shadows or classical depending on the storyline events you choose to use on the final victory screen before launch. Though I think only pirates can choose the shadows storyline (haven’t tested this but couldn’t select it with a normal race so I’m assuming), so classical would be the norm for all non-pirate races.

Jim

(in reply to pasty11)
Post #: 4
RE: Question about DWU. - 5/29/2014 9:47:42 AM   
Darkspire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim D Burns

Custom games all take place after the storyline of the ancient age, so they can be considered age of shadows or classical depending on the storyline events you choose to use on the final victory screen before launch. Though I think only pirates can choose the shadows storyline (haven’t tested this but couldn’t select it with a normal race so I’m assuming), so classical would be the norm for all non-pirate races.

Jim

Most of what you have written is incorrect, read the post I made.

The OP asked how to start a 'a fully custom game not in the age of shadows but in the classical age?'

Darkspire

(in reply to Jim D Burns)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Question about DWU. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI