Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

request to remove the percentage limits in the editor.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> request to remove the percentage limits in the editor. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
request to remove the percentage limits in the editor. - 5/30/2014 4:41:45 PM   
Lonck

in the text box of the editor there are always some limits. Star/planet limit or percentages for the character skills. I would like it if the devs removed these. I understand that high number may crash the game but seeing as they will only be able to be changed in the editor there won't be any problems since players can change them manually.
Post #: 1
RE: request to remove the percentage limits in the editor. - 5/30/2014 4:55:47 PM   
nedcorleone1

Can something 'contain' more than 100% of anything? I'm not sure how something can contain >100% of something. Of course, percentages over 100 work if we're talking about 'differences of quantities' but that isn't the case here.

< Message edited by mr_flappypants -- 5/30/2014 5:56:19 PM >

(in reply to Lonck)
Post #: 2
RE: request to remove the percentage limits in the editor. - 5/30/2014 4:56:58 PM   
Darkspire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lonck

in the text box of the editor there are always some limits. Star/planet limit or percentages for the character skills. I would like it if the devs removed these. I understand that high number may crash the game but seeing as they will only be able to be changed in the editor there won't be any problems since players can change them manually.

Not to pour fire on things but surely if a high number crashes the game then you would not be able to change the amount?

Darkspire

(in reply to Lonck)
Post #: 3
RE: request to remove the percentage limits in the editor. - 5/30/2014 5:07:39 PM   
Osito

Personally, I think there are higher priorities for changes to the editor. For me, improving the usability comes ahead of improving what you can do with it.

Some suggestions for improving usability are here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3617590

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> request to remove the percentage limits in the editor. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI