Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Need clarification on waypoints

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Need clarification on waypoints Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Need clarification on waypoints - 7/24/2014 11:57:50 PM   
erichswafford

When you edit waypoints, what specifically does setting the "Type" (Target, Form-up, Plotted Course/Nav) do in terms of affecting the behavior of, say, a strike package?

If this info can be found by via RTFM, feel free to say so and I'll proceed to be embarrassed.

Post #: 1
RE: Need clarification on waypoints - 7/25/2014 8:26:22 AM   
ComDev

The waypoint types were added in preparation for the implementation of the Advanced Strike Planner. They have no effect at the moment except changing the waypoint symbol to a target 'triangle' for Target Waypoints

< Message edited by emsoy -- 7/25/2014 9:26:37 AM >

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

(in reply to erichswafford)
Post #: 2
RE: Need clarification on waypoints - 7/25/2014 11:12:17 AM   
Dimitris

Some of the waypoint types are actually employed currently by the strike auto planner:
1. Initial point (IP): At this point the target ingress phase begins. You will often (not always, depends on loadout profile) see the strikers descend from cruise altitude & throttle to low altitude, high speed course.
2. Split-up: At this waypoint the strike members stop following a common plotted course and break off to strike their individual targets.
3. Rejoin: Strike members converge to this point after striking their targets while following the egress profile (usually low salt, high speed but can vary). Upon reaching this point they reform up and exit the target area as a group (unless they have to RTB before this, due to bingo etc.).

(in reply to ComDev)
Post #: 3
RE: Need clarification on waypoints - 7/25/2014 3:10:01 PM   
erichswafford

Thanks guys, that explains it perfectly and, now that I think about it, matches what I thought I'd been seeing via the auto-planner. That's pretty cool about the Rejoin phase. I need to get in there and observe some more auto-planned strikes to see what my little blips are really doing out there.

This "game" manages to do something pretty rare: It conceals a huge amount of complexity via a simple-looking display and interface.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Need clarification on waypoints Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI