Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Will have i problem with steam using public release (like Build 568)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Will have i problem with steam using public release (like Build 568) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Will have i problem with steam using public release (li... - 9/22/2014 4:57:59 PM   
Wasicun

Hi guys!
I'm really happy that the game will be available on Steam.
But this is my question: will have i problems using public releases (like for example Build 568) and not the offical game patches (like 1.04) ?

Sorry for my poor English.

Thank you very much and keep up the great work!

(the next step will be the multiplayer :P)
Post #: 1
RE: Will have i problem with steam using public release... - 9/22/2014 5:41:04 PM   
ckfinite

I suspect that they'll set up a development branch like a lot of other games have.

(in reply to Wasicun)
Post #: 2
RE: Will have i problem with steam using public release... - 9/22/2014 8:18:13 PM   
mikeCK

Yeah, on Steam, there is a way to "opt in" to beta patches. Might do something like that

(in reply to ckfinite)
Post #: 3
RE: Will have i problem with steam using public release... - 9/22/2014 10:03:10 PM   
mikmykWS

No you shouldn't. We could go that path or you can just point the installer at the correct folder and you should be okay.

When we have an update ready we'll be sure to post instructions and make sure its not a pain.

Thanks!

MIke

< Message edited by mikmyk -- 9/22/2014 11:03:46 PM >

(in reply to mikeCK)
Post #: 4
RE: Will have i problem with steam using public release... - 9/23/2014 10:35:46 AM   
GBS

If we got the game through Matrix, we can get the beta patches here as usual, correct?

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 5
RE: Will have i problem with steam using public release... - 9/23/2014 3:31:42 PM   
mikmykWS

Yes

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 6
RE: Will have i problem with steam using public release... - 9/23/2014 9:10:25 PM   
Gunner98

This may be a generational thing but I don't get what the advantage of using Steam is?  To me it is an annoying memory hog which tries to track my life, I understand from a developer point of view it is a curb against piracy - fair ball. But at what cost to the user?

Maybe I am way out of touch on this, can someone educate me?

B

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 7
RE: Will have i problem with steam using public release... - 9/23/2014 9:30:23 PM   
mikmykWS

My opinion:

1)Amazingly good system for pushing updates and content to our customers. Players no longer have to manually do stuff which reduces errors and support overhead. This makes us more efficient, helps us allocate more time to development work and honestly is a good experience for all.

2)Its a big store that has lots of customers. We have a niche product and to continue to grow and be successful we need to get into every store we can.

3)It will not impede what we're doing and where we want to go with Command. Fact it can only help.

Mike

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 8
RE: Will have i problem with steam using public release... - 9/24/2014 12:17:46 AM   
ckfinite

Are you going to be changing the price point for the Steam release?

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 9
RE: Will have i problem with steam using public release... - 9/24/2014 9:37:25 PM   
Gunner98

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

My opinion:

1)Amazingly good system for pushing updates and content to our customers. Players no longer have to manually do stuff which reduces errors and support overhead. This makes us more efficient, helps us allocate more time to development work and honestly is a good experience for all.

2)Its a big store that has lots of customers. We have a niche product and to continue to grow and be successful we need to get into every store we can.

3)It will not impede what we're doing and where we want to go with Command. Fact it can only help.

Mike

All good points Mike and I aplaud the effort to expand the market, however, I'm very happey that we can still chose to not use it. I do hope that continues.

Thanks

B

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 10
RE: Will have i problem with steam using public release... - 9/25/2014 12:35:06 AM   
AndrewJ

Likewise! I enjoy my Steam-free existence, and I'm glad that we won't be forced to adopt it.

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Will have i problem with steam using public release (like Build 568) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI