Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Newbie question RE capacity points

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Newbie question RE capacity points Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Newbie question RE capacity points - 9/25/2014 12:04:01 PM   
PittBull

Just startred playing Ver2.2. whatever
1. I have done a search here, just haven't found the answer I think I'm looking for.

2. How do I increase the Cap points to move units from an Hq to the "front?"

3. Side question: can I increase the resource output of oil, raw etc?
Thanks for the help.

In Him
PittBull
Post #: 1
RE: Newbie question RE capacity points - 9/25/2014 12:29:59 PM   
Josh

1) ... the question was what exactly?

2)Build trains for strategic transport via the railroad network, makes sense no? That is however limited to the railroad, but it uses no oil. Sometimes however you want to reinforce/send units to a location that has no connection to the railroad, for that you have to build trucks and put them in your HQ, sending it via trucks costs oil though. And especially early game you're always short of oil. Halftracks also have a strategic transport capacity but not much. Be aware that sending units from one HQ to another HQ will cost the unit readiness (that is the green bar on the left on the counter)

3) Yeah you can definetely (sp?)increase the resource output. For that you have to build an engineer unit (I always make them about 40-50 engineers strong) Place that unit on an resource hex and click the "build" button and choose "improve hex" (something like that can't remember exactly). That'll cost you Political Points though.

(in reply to PittBull)
Post #: 2
RE: Newbie question RE capacity points - 9/25/2014 12:34:48 PM   
Josh

Oh and "cargoships" have the same effect in an HQ. That enables the sending HQ to do a strategic transport across sea hexes. So cargoships can be used to move units once they are loaded onto the ship...but cargoships in an HQ (that HQ has to be in a port/shipyard hex...damn I'm tired forgot the word for the production facility for ships..shipyard?) enables the HQ to send reinforcements across the sea. I think, not sure here, that the receiving unit has to be in a port/shipyard hex as well.

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 3
RE: Newbie question RE capacity points - 9/26/2014 5:52:53 AM   
Kaldadarnes

3) to add to Josh - yes each level of output triples the previous, so your level 1 raw and oil outputs 20 raw and 250 barrels respectively. Upgrading to level 2 gives you 60 and 750, level 3 180 and 2250.

Upgrade costs are 40pp (I think) to level 2 and somewhere around the 100pp mark for level 3, and you will need engineering points (produced by your engineers) and supplies (produced by your HQ. 40 engineers and 2 trains (for mobility) will be able to zip around the map quickly upgrading, so get one of these built in the first couple of turns

You'll struggle to get much heavy kit out into the field without raw and you'll struggle to operate it without any oil so getting some facilities upgraded early on should be a priority.

Omnia Videmus

(in reply to PittBull)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Newbie question RE capacity points Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI