Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

UK could procure Japan's Kawasaki P-1 Maritime Patrol Aircraft

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> UK could procure Japan's Kawasaki P-1 Maritime Patrol Aircraft Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
UK could procure Japan's Kawasaki P-1 Maritime Patrol A... - 1/8/2015 9:08:17 AM   
xavierv

United Kingdom could procure Japan's Kawasaki P-1 Maritime Patrol Aircraft

quote:

The Japanese government, lead by Prime Minister Abe, have been pushing for increased export of made in Japan defense systems for the past year. ******* is reporting that United Kingdom is being offered the Japan's Maritime Self-Defense Force (JMSDF) Kawasaki P-1 Maritime Patrol Aircraft (MPA).

Initial talks reportedly took place during the Farnborough Airshow in July last year. The United States have also been pitching the Boeing P-8 Poseidon and the Lockheed Martin SC-130J Sea Hercules MPAs.
[...]
It is the first aircraft in the world fitted with fiber-optics flight controls. Their main strength is that they reduce the risk of electromagnetic interference. ASW (anti-submarine warfare) is assisted by an artificial intelligence. The P-1 is fitted with a Toshiba HPS-106 AESA radar with 360 degree coverage,a magnetic anomaly detector (MAD) at the back, and Infrared/Light detection systems.

It has a bomb bay and 8 hardpoints, allowing it to take nearly 9 tons of payloads, including nearly 100 sonobuoys. Its crew consists of a pilot, a co-pilot and 11 operators.

http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2314

I'll believe it when it happens. P-8 or Sea Herc would have more chance IMHO IF budget is there. On the other hand, they did procure Korean (DSME) AORs

< Message edited by navyrecognition -- 1/8/2015 10:09:30 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: UK could procure Japan's Kawasaki P-1 Maritime Patr... - 1/8/2015 11:15:06 PM   
DirtyFred

the brits have massive financial and budgetary constraints... a P-8 costs $150 million each, a P-1 depends on contract options, brit radar and avionics and built in license by BAE Systems is possible

many nations cannot afford new maritime patrol planes now... they rather refit existing airframes with anti-sub and anti-ship avionics kits

One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

(in reply to xavierv)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> UK could procure Japan's Kawasaki P-1 Maritime Patrol Aircraft Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI