Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Vertrep

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Vertrep Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Vertrep - 3/30/2015 12:51:00 PM   
George Patton

Is the Vertrep possible? Some US Navy warships, especially during the '80s had no helo on board, but had Vertrep capacity.
Post #: 1
RE: Vertrep - 3/30/2015 3:47:31 PM   
dandin384

At this point vertrep is not modeled. You will have to have a auxiliary ship that is capable of UNREP.

(in reply to George Patton)
Post #: 2
RE: Vertrep - 3/30/2015 8:08:37 PM   
dcpollay

Is it possible to simulate this through the teleport function? Have a helo hover over a target ship for a period of time, triggering teleport of weapons/supplies into the ship's magazines?

Scenario designer would need to have a supply of the right materials stashed at the North Pole....Anticipating the appropriate items to be replenished.

"It's all according to how your boogaloo situation stands, you understand."

Formerly known as Colonel Mustard, before I got Slitherine Syndrome.

(in reply to dandin384)
Post #: 3
RE: Vertrep - 3/30/2015 8:26:04 PM   
jarraya

One possible way of doing this is with Lua. You can use the DeleteUnit and AddUnit functions.

Create and action that triggers when helicopter is on station (you will need a set of moving RPs around the ship.
Delete the ship
Add the same ship in the same location that the old one was on.

(in reply to dcpollay)
Post #: 4
RE: Vertrep - 3/31/2015 2:06:38 AM   
dandin384

quote:

ORIGINAL: Colonel Mustard

Is it possible to simulate this through the teleport function? Have a helo hover over a target ship for a period of time, triggering teleport of weapons/supplies into the ship's magazines?

Scenario designer would need to have a supply of the right materials stashed at the North Pole....Anticipating the appropriate items to be replenished.

Also not currently possible. The event editor only lets you teleport units, not ammunition.

quote:

ORIGINAL: jarraya

One possible way of doing this is with Lua. You can use the DeleteUnit and AddUnit functions.

Create and action that triggers when helicopter is on station (you will need a set of moving RPs around the ship.
Delete the ship
Add the same ship in the same location that the old one was on.

True, but there are some other factors that would need to be considered. Things like fuel state and damage control would have to be replicated by the Lua unit as well. Since it's hard to predict damage before it occurs the cloned unit would have to be update right before transfer. So while it's possible with Lua it would be a fair amount of work.

(in reply to dcpollay)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Vertrep Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI