Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

TARGET ILLUMINATION

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> TARGET ILLUMINATION Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TARGET ILLUMINATION - 4/21/2015 8:19:17 PM   
Reiver67

I am getting near to my wits end...playing the Falklands scenario, have inserted the SAS and would really like to total the air base that they are overlooking using the 10 Harriers with CPU-123 Paveways. Normally with simulations a bit of trial and error (several years of WITP AE) or some googling will uncover the method but I have not been able to fathom this one out. So how do I get a weapon that requires buddy illumination to coordinate with the illuminator (or how do I illuminate a target)? I appreciate that this may ludicrously simple but....

On the other hand this game is pretty darn good, which is I suppose why I'm getting hot and bothered about dropping some ordnance. If anyone could give me a step for hint it would be gratefully received.

Regards,

PS are there any plans to make the map scrollable with a mouse?
Post #: 1
RE: TARGET ILLUMINATION - 4/21/2015 8:29:40 PM   
magi

Any unit… That has the ability to Illuminate at target will do so by default if it is in range of that type of director… However The LG munition must also be able to receive the signal… Weather and other conditions can degrade signal strength .... If there's cloud cover you need to be below it .... For detection/ acquisition before weapon launch…
Check the weather conditions and if there's a cloud layer check at what altitude they are at… Put your delivery platform below the weather before launch… I suspect that's what the issue is…

< Message edited by magi -- 4/21/2015 9:34:24 PM >

(in reply to Reiver67)
Post #: 2
RE: TARGET ILLUMINATION - 4/21/2015 8:35:54 PM   
magi

You can scroll the map now… It may be in a settings....

(in reply to magi)
Post #: 3
RE: TARGET ILLUMINATION - 4/21/2015 8:36:26 PM   
Sardaukar

Clouds can indeed ruin your strike. Even more so if cloud cover is lower than min. launch altitude of LG weapon.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to magi)
Post #: 4
RE: TARGET ILLUMINATION - 4/21/2015 8:53:50 PM   
Reiver67

Thank a lot for swift response. Having a go with my new found knowledge right now.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> TARGET ILLUMINATION Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI