Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Setting and or making formations

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Setting and or making formations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Setting and or making formations - 4/27/2015 12:01:56 AM   
DDG13

I am somewhat confused on to how to keep a formation for ships. I know how to created groups but am not sure as to how to "keep" ships in formation when turning or making coarse adjustments. Can someone point me in the right direction.

I want to set formations as in ASW picket, Flag.. AAW picket... To keep the bearings relative to the group lead.

< Message edited by DDG13 -- 4/27/2015 1:16:24 AM >

I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way.

John Paul Jones
Post #: 1
RE: Setting and or making formations - 4/27/2015 12:15:58 AM   
thewood1

First off...a 30 second search brought forth at least one detailed discussion on this very topic...go to Search, enter formation, choose the command forum, hit enter.

Second...page 56 in the manual gives a rough overview. Also look in the appendix for some updates.

(in reply to DDG13)
Post #: 2
RE: Setting and or making formations - 4/27/2015 12:22:49 AM   
DDG13

I did not mean group ship configurations. Actual steaming, underway formations.... How to keep the ships in formation. I have created groups and set group lead and have even found "ship station" but they are not where I want the ship to be...

I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way.

John Paul Jones

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 3
RE: Setting and or making formations - 4/27/2015 12:25:50 AM   
Kushan04

Different units within the same group cannot me assigned to different missions. One way to handle is to handle it is to have missions which rely on reference points that rotate around the flag unit. Works well for An ASW screen. AAW pickets I would leave as part of the main group.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 4
RE: Setting and or making formations - 4/27/2015 12:26:04 AM   
ExNusquam

Select the group you want, hit F4, then click each unit and assign it a new station.

(in reply to DDG13)
Post #: 5
RE: Setting and or making formations - 4/27/2015 12:35:56 AM   
thewood1

If you read through a couple of those threads, it is discussed, if I understand what you are looking for. There are settings and configurations that drive how ships stay in formation.

(in reply to ExNusquam)
Post #: 6
RE: Setting and or making formations - 4/27/2015 12:44:56 AM   
DDG13

Page 56 works well. Got it! Thank you but... Now that I understand that is there a way to set a course for the group at the initial start of the scenario. All units start at bearing 0 degrees but I want the group to be in formation steaming at 270... Not finding that if there is a setting for that and yes, I used the search function.

John Paul Jones

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 7
RE: Setting and or making formations - 4/27/2015 4:03:17 AM   
Gunner98

DDG

No, there is no setting for that. When building a scenario you need to do the following:

A) do the ships first, group them, set formation, course & speed. Than run the scenario until things are all pointed the right way. Stop the run, reset the time and build the rest

OR

B) As often happens you already have other stuff set up. In that case, EXPORT your ship group. Set up a blank scenario. IMPORT your ship group, do the game run. Export it again, import it back into your original scenario.

Not in the manual but its a trick that works.

B

(in reply to DDG13)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Setting and or making formations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI