Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Nimitz Factor

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Order of Battle : World War II >> Scenario Design and Modding >> The Nimitz Factor Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Nimitz Factor - 5/18/2015 2:49:25 PM   
Texican

This concept would be an optional rule to where a player could, once per game, do something that sort of bends the rules, kind of like Nimitz did when he gave the order to do a 48 hour repair on Yorktown, which really should have been a 6 month lay up.

Just kind of a bravado type of rule where the player with his sunglasses, cap, and corncob pipe says, "I want this done. Just do it. Do it." Takes the pipe out of mouth. "Do it." This is an example of the top brass stepping in and pulling resources together to do a miracle.

In fact, the Nimitz factor could be anything from an immediate full repair (in battle) to a special scenario (Yammamoto Shootdown, as someone mentioned. Maybe worth 200 prestige points if it works) or a Doolittle Raid scenario (again worth some points, but at great risk to participating forces). I do think flying B25's off a carrier is definitely in the vein of bending the rules and qualifies as a "Nimitz Factor" type of exercise.

< Message edited by Texican -- 5/18/2015 3:54:15 PM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Order of Battle : World War II >> Scenario Design and Modding >> The Nimitz Factor Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI