Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AAR 2

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> AAR 2 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AAR 2 - 4/11/2001 8:18:00 PM   
Alexandra

Here's another AAR for you all to - hopefully - enjoy. This one's in the desert. AAR: The Blenheim Blunder by Wild Bill Wilder. Location: Strongpoint Blenhiem, Africa Date: 27 May 1942. Notes: This was played as the Germans with all options on. Mission: This is a meeting engagement between German and UK armor around the strongpoint called 'Blenheim'. The British left it unoccupied, so that the Germans wouldn't learn of it, but have arrived at the same time that the Germans did, so they they have to defeat the German force just to occupy the Strongpoint. My strategy, as the Germans, is simple. Kill UK tanks. I have at my disposal a Pz III company, a second Armor company consisting of 2 Stug and 1 Pz II Platoon, and a Pz IV Company. I also have a scout car company, an AT platoon, some SP Arty, a Mech AT platoon, and limited infantry, as well as 2 Stukas on call. Turn One: The main body advanced east, towads the strongpoint, led by scout cars and motorcycle troops. However, to the north a small group - Gruppe Ziegler - of 5 Pz IIIs and 3 scout cars moves for a hill to the north of any enemy movement, hopefully to flank any enemy forces that do arrive. No contact is made, though dust clouds can be seen. Turn Two: The main body advances, and the lead enemy tanks are spotted and engaged at long range. Grp Ziegler's recon element reaches the hill, and aligns to the southeast, waiting for the slower Panzers to catch up. The enemy draws first blood, though, as a PSW explodes. Turn Three: The recon screen engages the enemy as the main body advances. A Mamr Herr anti tank vehicle is destroyed. Grp Ziegler is reinforced by a Stug platoon as the Pz IIIs link up with the recon element. The enemy races towards our front, which is quickly forming up as a Pakfront. Turn Four: The main body engages the British forces, knocking out a tank, as Bn HQ calls for Luftwaffe support. Grp Ziegler, further reinforced by a PzGren platoon (the infantry are Spec Ops troops) begins to move to the southeast carefully. The enemy keeps advancing on us. Turn Five: A major panzer duel begind between my own and the enemy main bodies. They lose 2 tanks, while we lose a PSW and a SPW. Grp Ziegler keeps advancing, with it's Stug and infantry platoons just reaching the hill. The enemy advances, losing a tank to the main body, and Grp Ziegler also engages, knocking out a Grant. The Luftwaffe attacks, but not well, only causing some infantry casualties. At this point, we hold five of the seven VHs, and have yet to lose a Panzer. Turn Six: The main bodies keep fighting with the British losing a Marm Herr, a portee, and 5 tanks, as the Pakfront is now fully operational except for an 88 and a pair of Mk IVs that are still moving into position. Grp Ziegler starts to enage enemy infantry and gets a mobility kill on 2 Grants. It looks as if we may be able to trap the British forces in a double envelopment, as thier south flank is open and Grp Zielger is engaging them on the north. Turn Seven: The main body knocks out three more tanks as the 88 joins the Pakfront. Grp Ziegler continues to engage the immobilized Grants hoping to destroy them. Turn Eight: The main fight continues to go our way as we knock out six enemy tanks, while only losing a PSW. Grp Ziegler finishes off one of the immobile Grants, as it's Stug platoon moves to flank the Grants of the enemy main body. The British continue to advance on the strongpoint, as the Pakfront kills two more tanks as well as a Porteee and a Marm Herr. The enemy main body is down to 5 Grants and 9 other armored vehicles that we can currently see, while we have yet to lose a Panzer. Turn Nine: We continue to attack agressively. We start to destory enemy infantry as well as a truck, a Portee, a Marm Herr, and 3 tanks. We lose our first Panzer. Grp Zielger's infantry wipes out an enemy squad, as it's Stug's destroy two Grants by ambush. The Grp reports a reserve enemy armor platoon, but it's only Stuarts, and they should be able to easily handle them. The British attack doesn't falter. They advance, destorying one of Ziegler's halftracks, and putting a fresh Grant onto the Grp's flank, but lose a truck, and the last 2 Grants of the main body. HQ orders the Pakfront's panzers to advance! Turn Ten: Enemy tank reserves appear to be arriving. We've spotted two more Grants and five more Stuarts. We advance on all fronts. To the south we take an objective, but lose 2 panzers, one to a Marm Herr and one to a lone British scout, though we also kill the Marm Herr. The main body knocks out a Stuart and a Marm Herr, as it begins it's own advance. The MK IIs and infantry are ordered to advance and focus on enemy ground troops while the Mk IIIs and IVs focus on tanks. We've now revised the enemy reserve estimate to 8 Stuarts and 2 Grants. Grp Ziegler kills a Stuart, but spots another one, and another Grant, so the estimate is now 8 and 3. The British reserves attack. There's at least a full armor company. They kill a Halftrack, but lose 2 tanks, a portee, and a truck. Turn Eleven: To the south we lose a Panzer, as we can see more Grants coming in from the east. The tanks there, six of them, will have the 88 routed to them. The main body kept advancing, dispersing enemy infantry and killing three more tanks. Grp Ziegler loses a infantry squad but kills two Stuarts and a Grant. The Grant fell to a scout car that hit it with 20mm cannon fire that caused a crew bail then MGed the crew down. The enemy begins to show signs of panic. Group Ziegler loses a scout car, but kills another Grant. Turn Twelve: To the south we begin to set up a new mini-pakfront to deal with the three Grants we can see in that area. The main body drives forward agressively, just 100 meters from the last objective, which is guarded by enemy infantry. Grp Ziegler continues it's grisly work, killing six more enemy tanks. The British are now deep inside the cauldron - what's left of them, that is. They fight on, though, and knock out Lt. Ziegler's tank. Turn Thirteen: We hold in place on the south. The main body drives forward in conjunction with Grp Zelgeler. Enemy infantry is scattered to the winds, with many falling, as the last objective falls to us. We also kill a Grant and a six pounder AT gun. The enemy makes one last attack, which is repelled. It costs us a Pz and him a Grant, then, he withdraws from the field. Results: Decisive German Victory 10516 to 1354. Losses: Germans: Men 104 UK Men 386 APC 4 APC 2 AFV 9 AFV 55 Art 1 Soft 1 Analysis: I was able to do well here because for the entire way I was able to control the initiative. I used my recon to find the enemy, then, I brought my main body on line and stopped them in place to allow the best possible engagment chances for my forces. The AI had only one recourse - and it was the historical one as well for Stuarts - race at my line and hope that speed would allow enough of his tanks to still be alive, once they reached effective range, to make a difference. However, all this did for him was trap his main body in a large pocket and wiped it out for the most part. The Grants were able to do more damge to me, but, even they ended up for the most part trapped in a situation where I always had flank shots.

"Tonight a dynasty is born." Ricky Proehl, then of the Saint Louis Rams. He was right! Go Pats! Winners of Super Bowls 36, 38 and 39.
Post #: 1
- 4/11/2001 10:15:00 PM   
Voriax

Wow....(speechless) Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to Alexandra)
Post #: 2
- 4/12/2001 12:02:00 AM   
Tankhead

Ditto what can I say MMMUUUUUUUHHHHHAAAAAAA :D :D Great AAR Alexandra. Tankhead

Tankhead

(in reply to Alexandra)
Post #: 3
- 4/12/2001 12:14:00 AM   
Rick Borovec

Made me think I was there with you. Outstanding !!!!!!!!!!

(in reply to Alexandra)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> AAR 2 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI