Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any Planes for expansion of this gonre?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> Any Planes for expansion of this gonre? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any Planes for expansion of this gonre? - 6/17/2015 9:25:14 AM   
gazfun

I haven't got the game as yet, and I may get it, but Im wondering is there going to be the rest of the Napoleonic Armies in other variations of this game?

Its great to be Napoleon as every player wants to be in a battle, but remember he got beaten in the end. It was because of the strategies of all the other armies that defeated France.
Players have a tendency to flog to death the fact that Napoleon is in there army and on their battlefield and with the Guard all the time.

He was the best General, but he wasn't at every battle in the period and that's where he got beaten. And thats where titles make that mistake.

I've seen other titles come to the market place where everything but the British Army was represented. Waterloo and Spain only where the British historically intervened.
So it would be good to see and all round approach to this perhaps in future, many players I know will feel the same.

In the meantime I hope it is very successful so that we can get the rest of the Armies of the period

< Message edited by gazfun -- 6/17/2015 10:33:50 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: Any Planes for expansion of this gonre? - 6/17/2015 12:33:39 PM   
Leffe7

Yes, SOWWL will be expanded!
One or more expansion packs are planned later this year and offered through Matrix to cover the other battles from the 100 days campaign: Quatre Bras, Ligny and Wavre.
After that, nothing is decided yet, but it is likely to be something from the Nappy period.

Our modding community did create some excellent Napoleonic Mods for the previous game (SOW Gettysburg), which covered for example Austrian, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese units.
And these modders have started to bring some of this stuff also to the current release. Stay tuned

QA Scourge of War: Waterloo

(in reply to gazfun)
Post #: 2
RE: Any Planes for expansion of this gonre? - 6/17/2015 1:52:17 PM   
Aurelian

Have always wanted Leipzig 1813.

If the Earth was flat, cats would of knocked everything off of it long ago.

(in reply to Leffe7)
Post #: 3
RE: Any Planes for expansion of this gonre? - 6/18/2015 7:26:11 AM   
Agathosdaimon

Anything from the 1813 Campaign would be awesome - Leipzig the battle would be an even bigger undertaking than Waterloo i imagine

Dresden, Wagram, Borodino and Austerlitz i reckon would be also excellent options

< Message edited by Agathosdaimon -- 6/18/2015 8:27:24 AM >

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 4
RE: Any Planes for expansion of this gonre? - 6/18/2015 7:59:01 AM   
joemann

The 1814 campaign in France could be a good candidate for a sandbox campaign.

(in reply to Agathosdaimon)
Post #: 5
RE: Any Planes for expansion of this gonre? - 6/18/2015 9:14:25 AM   
aaatoysandmore

An open world campaign would be nice also. Empire building an expansion with this combat engine. I've always wished Creative Assembly would hire Norb to do their combat engine.

I don't think he realizes what he has here and that he could make MINT by going to work for SEGA and CA. This is what the Total War games need most of all. An ai worth playing against. Can you imagine the Persian army vs Sparta with this engine? I can.

(in reply to joemann)
Post #: 6
RE: Any Planes for expansion of this gonre? - 6/18/2015 11:08:40 AM   
Agathosdaimon

yes though SEGA doesnt seem to be always so kind to its developers with regard to deadlines - just recall the travesty that was rome 2 for quite a while, CA are a good company no doubt but i dont why they released rome 2 in such an unfinished state - i am not entirely sure but it always seemed like they needed more time to work on rome 2, - i would like that companies like SEGA would come grovelling to Norbsoft!

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 7
RE: Any Planes for expansion of this gonre? - 6/18/2015 11:38:10 AM   
gazfun

quote:

ORIGINAL: Leffe7

Yes, SOWWL will be expanded!
One or more expansion packs are planned later this year and offered through Matrix to cover the other battles from the 100 days campaign: Quatre Bras, Ligny and Wavre.
After that, nothing is decided yet, but it is likely to be something from the Nappy period.

Our modding community did create some excellent Napoleonic Mods for the previous game (SOW Gettysburg), which covered for example Austrian, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese units.
And these modders have started to bring some of this stuff also to the current release. Stay tuned

Thats encouraging very much so we love modding

< Message edited by gazfun -- 6/18/2015 12:39:23 PM >

(in reply to Leffe7)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> Any Planes for expansion of this gonre? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI