Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Strange bug with arty

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> Tech Support >> Strange bug with arty Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Strange bug with arty - 6/15/2015 4:50:27 PM   
pcelt

I was undertaking a cavalry attack with Somerset Heavy cavalry but the artillery unit in support (Bull) refused to move forward to ordered location.The green lines indicating ordered line disappeared continually after a few seconds and the arty units stopped. No advance was possible.
Trying this out later in new location revealed no issue.
Puzzling problem
Post #: 1
RE: Strange bug with arty - 6/15/2015 5:00:57 PM   
zakblood

unless a save or can be replicated it will be hard to fix or prove either way..

a save is always helpful, more details like battle fought, settings used etc, and a save from just before orders given with instruction how you manage to do it, so it's repeatable, then it can be seen and fixed

(in reply to pcelt)
Post #: 2
RE: Strange bug with arty - 6/15/2015 5:07:34 PM   
mitra76

quote:

ORIGINAL: pcelt

I was undertaking a cavalry attack with Somerset Heavy cavalry but the artillery unit in support (Bull) refused to move forward to ordered location.The green lines indicating ordered line disappeared continually after a few seconds and the arty units stopped. No advance was possible.
Trying this out later in new location revealed no issue.
Puzzling problem

Please check if the battery commander has a stance set (he was already shooting when you ordered the movement?). With a stance set he always react to targets in zone as priority. The tip is order to limber, set the stance to neutral and it will not react to target until unlimbered again or orderved from the division AI

Visit my wargame blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/

(in reply to pcelt)
Post #: 3
RE: Strange bug with arty - 6/16/2015 8:40:55 AM   
scottishsoldier

If a unit is not TC'd, in other words is under AI control, sometimes it won't respond to an order to go to a position the AI doesn't like. The AI overules the order. You need to remove the unit from AI control ( TC in the previous games) to induce the unit to do what you want. Could that be the issue?

(in reply to pcelt)
Post #: 4
RE: Strange bug with arty - 6/16/2015 9:19:10 AM   
Leffe7

scottishsoldier is correct. A battery under AI-control will stop if it has targets in range. So it can often happen that when you give a movement order, the battery will begin to move but not arrive at its destination as enemy units have appeared on the way (which you may not have spotted before).
So if you need to reposition a battery, it is always best to TC them.

QA Scourge of War: Waterloo

(in reply to scottishsoldier)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> Tech Support >> Strange bug with arty Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI