Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sandbox problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> Sandbox problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sandbox problems - 4/13/2017 6:28:56 PM   
Damascus

Chose Allied "defend" and was sent from the top of the map to the bottom where the marker showed French defend area. Okay, I'll treat is as an attack. Put army into column and marched down roads. Before I could get any units near the target the battle ended and I was told how poor a general I was.
Post #: 1
RE: Sandbox problems - 4/18/2017 9:19:05 AM   
HunterICX

What where your victory conditions set like?

(in reply to Damascus)
Post #: 2
RE: Sandbox problems - 4/20/2017 5:27:15 PM   
Damascus

3 objectives, score 10109. Tried defend again and started next to objective but it was still listed as French when I am allied. Played as French defend, objective said Allied hold. Another, worse issue is that the last three times I played I was given only artillery, only cavalry, and only artillery. Playing division vs. division.

Looked carefully this time and see battle length timer is at 0. Could that be something?

Another gripe (or probably my error): I chose von Steinmetz (I think) from the OOB. Under him are shown 4 units of infantry, 2 artillery, and 1 cavalry. When the battle started I had 3 units of infantry only.

< Message edited by Damascus -- 4/20/2017 5:51:46 PM >

(in reply to HunterICX)
Post #: 3
RE: Sandbox problems - 4/20/2017 8:45:21 PM   
HunterICX

Objective Point Value? Objective Time Limit (Minutes)?

Your game is set that you need 10109 score to win the game, now if you have 3 objectives you need to give these objectives a value like let's say 1/3 of the total score limit needed like 3000 each for example, the Objective Time limit is the time needed for a side to stay in control of the objective for the value to be added to score.

Battle Length Timer set to 0 if I'm not mistake means there's no Time limit so only score should end the game.

Hope it helps

(in reply to Damascus)
Post #: 4
RE: Sandbox problems - 4/21/2017 6:28:22 PM   
Damascus

Thanks. But why in a Defend scenario do I not receive points for defending? The objective is ALWAYS marked for the other side. I can prevent the enemy from getting points, but don't get any as I did in other games of this sort (TC2M). As Allied Defend, the objective is marked French with radius, points, etc.

Another thing. There is nothing in the manual (or on this board as far as I can tell) about resupply. I have a wagon next to a cannon and nothing happens. There are no buttons to resupply either.

(Love the avatar. We don't get that show in the USA.)

< Message edited by Damascus -- 4/21/2017 7:47:21 PM >

(in reply to HunterICX)
Post #: 5
RE: Sandbox problems - 4/29/2017 10:07:08 PM   
Mr Digby

"Defend" and "Attack" refer to the French side. So if you are playing Allied and choose a "Defend" setup, then you'll be attacking ;)

Also in sandbox the AI ignores all but 1 objective, but it can choose any objective though usually its the nearest one to its C-in-C. Possibly in your example the French sat on the objective and gained enough points for a win before you arrived. Try setting the objective time to be the entire battle length and the points gained for it as low as possible with the victory points as high as you can, then a game will play to its time limit.

Sandbox mode is somewhat limited and always has been even back in Gettysburg days. In my view NSD invested far too much effort in the canned scenarios and not enough in sandbox and MP which, lets face it, are the modes most customers use and where the longevity of the game lies.

< Message edited by Mr Digby -- 4/29/2017 10:09:04 PM >

(in reply to Damascus)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> Sandbox problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI