Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mega Campaign

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega Campaign Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mega Campaign - 4/12/2001 1:53:00 PM   
Rick Borovec

I am waitng along with all the rest of you for this release. However I have a question about the Mega Campaign. History is that the germans were defeated in the desert, is it the intent of the campaign to follow history? Will the germans, due to lack of supplies not leadership, eventually be forced to surrender? Or will the game allow for a bit of what if? I usually play to win, the last time I played the germans in a long campaign(SP1) the troops I commanded won alot of battles, until the war ended. So, In future segements of the Mega Campaign will the AI get increasingly stronger while the germans get increasing weaker? I'll still want to play knowing defeat is inevitable, just to see if I can last longer than the historical outcome. Or do you see the outcome to be one of, if you make the right decesions, your command wins. It is just assumed that history is bigger than your small part and the campaign ends with the historical time line? I guess I'm just wondering. Until it hits my mailbox I guess thats all I can do. Boro ________________________________________ A helmet for my pillow, A poncho for my bed, My rifle rest across my chest.. the stars swing overhead. (excerpt from "The Battle of Tenaru" by Robert Leckie)

Post #: 1
- 4/12/2001 3:16:00 PM   
Don

Hi Boro, I'm not one of the lucky few that actually has seen the whole MC, but I believe it will be like a regular campaign in that the results will be based on how you fight your battles, not on a pre-determined historical outcome. Not that this will be easy - I think you will find these battles much tougher than your run-of-the-mill AI campaign battles! :D

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to Rick Borovec)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega Campaign Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI