Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

homeworld too good for migration?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> homeworld too good for migration? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
homeworld too good for migration? - 7/23/2015 3:01:10 PM   
inyasha23

I've been having problems getting my people to migrate to new colones, i did everything i could to get them to migrate

-disables tourism
-scarped all passenger ships
-set taxes to 70% so the population has -15 happiness
-0% tax rates at new colonies

i think the problem is my home world is just to good and my people don't want to leave it. i wait till i have max home world pop to start colonizing, i get the trades bizarre wonder, the entertainment wonder and the accelerated construction wonder.

could this be why im not having any migration to new colonies, my home world to to nice to leave.

< Message edited by inyasha23 -- 7/23/2015 4:53:43 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: homeworld too good for migration? - 7/23/2015 4:40:55 PM   
Cauldyth

You scrapped all your passenger ships? Without those, no one can migrate.

(in reply to inyasha23)
Post #: 2
RE: homeworld too good for migration? - 7/23/2015 5:01:52 PM   
inyasha23

the privet sector rebuilds them, i scraped them so the new ships wouldn't have any backlogged missions. but the new ships don't want to transport migrants either.

if i turn on tourism, all of them start to transport tourist though. this is making a lot of games unplayable because i don't let other races into my empire so i depend on internal migration to populate my colonies.

(in reply to Cauldyth)
Post #: 3
RE: homeworld too good for migration? - 7/23/2015 8:22:20 PM   
Bingeling

I believe the only queued missions ships ever have, are the ones assigned to them by the player. You can queue missions, the AI does not, it picks a new one once the previous is complete.

For your problem, is the other colony the same kind of planet/moon as the preferred racial one? It seems you ought to see some migration with those tax settings.

(in reply to inyasha23)
Post #: 4
RE: homeworld too good for migration? - 7/23/2015 11:57:39 PM   
inyasha23

ya i play as mortalans, they like desert planets.

i had a desert planet that was 93 percent quality close to my home world but they don't want to leave.

i have only found one way to make them leave. i have to build a ton of troops and them jack up the tax rate to 100%, this starts a rebellion and as the home world is in war, they finally started migrating, i got about 700 million people to migrate this way. only problem is that 3 billion of my people die in the civil war so it's a extremely counter intuitive way of promoting migration

< Message edited by inyasha23 -- 7/24/2015 12:59:45 AM >

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 5
RE: homeworld too good for migration? - 7/24/2015 11:33:57 AM   
RiftHick

Even less favoured planet types shouldn't be causing this level of issue, the only time I've ever seen migration issues (migration as opposed to population in general) is when the place was literally at the other end of the universe (taken during war) and migration to it was extremely rare. Looking at your empire/ resource planning menu (where you can see lists of things and get a breakdown of things like approval modifiers..etc) what does it say regarding home-world and the colony in question (ideally once all the penalties from the rebellions have ended)? Also if you have the patience and maybe long range scanners you could look for what other empire's ships are coming to your planets, it is fully possible that the people that would probably otherwise gone to your new colony are deciding to mostly go to some other empires new colony instead and that you are just barely staving off population decline especially with the forced rebellions factored in.

(in reply to inyasha23)
Post #: 6
RE: homeworld too good for migration? - 7/25/2015 2:23:05 PM   
inyasha23

idk, my home world has a high lvl of development from wonders and is at 43% happiness at 40% tax and the only negative modifiers are for taxing.

i'll just start a new game i guess. i'll restart this current game from the beginning but not build any wonders and see if they migrate in the new game.

< Message edited by inyasha23 -- 7/25/2015 8:43:57 PM >

(in reply to RiftHick)
Post #: 7
RE: homeworld too good for migration? - 8/1/2015 3:02:29 AM   
Blabsawaw22

I've experienced this phenomenon in the Pirate gameplay in the sense that when I scrap my first original spaceport (starting Pirate Home Spaceport) the game seems to never correctly adjust to a newly built space port which I want to be my New Home PirateSpace Port..

The AI seems to just do what it's programmed to do no matter what.. It will continually fill and make my original planet with the original spaceport from the beginning of the game some top priority and not really care about anything else..

so odd..

(in reply to inyasha23)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> homeworld too good for migration? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI