Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Combined arms

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> The War Room >> Combined arms Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Combined arms - 7/8/2015 12:15:33 PM   
jardail

One of the things I found most interesting about napoleonic warfare was the concept of using combined arms at the point of attack. Tried it in the game and found that it worked extremely well. With the british holding the hill to the east of La Haye Sainte, the obligatory artillery barrage with the grand battery started.

I moved cavalry and horse artillery up behind the big guns and had them wait. After about 20 minutes of shelling, sent the cavalry forward with their artillery closely followed by the infantry.

As the cavalry approached, the infantry formed into squares naturally and almost at the same time, the horse arty unlimbered and began punching the squares apart.

Held the infantry back for a bit until I saw one wall of one KGL square completely collapse. At that point I sent the infantry in with the cav still hanging nearby. It was slaughter. Did not win the scenario outright (did not have time to finish it, got an inconclusive). It was fun to see that what happened in history could be recreated in SOW.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> The War Room >> Combined arms Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI