Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unload troop form a hélicopter

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Unload troop form a hélicopter Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unload troop form a hélicopter - 6/5/2015 7:04:06 PM   
Norm49

I am playing a mission were I have to transport troop form a LHD to land and use the troop to assault the base but I don't know how to unload the troops form the helicopter. Can you tell me how?
Post #: 1
RE: Unload troop form a hélicopter - 6/5/2015 7:17:49 PM   
Gunner98

Norm49

There is no direct transport of troops from the helo's. It is likely that the scenario designer has given you Reference points to fly to, once you do that with the proper assets, the troops will either teleport or appear there via a Lua event.

Once the troops are on the ground you can move them normaly

B

(in reply to Norm49)
Post #: 2
RE: Unload troop form a hélicopter - 6/5/2015 7:34:55 PM   
Norm49

Not being able to droop the troops were we want is a big limitation but thanks for the answer.

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 3
RE: Unload troop form a hélicopter - 6/5/2015 8:23:05 PM   
Casinn

Believe a couple scens have a trigger where you need to have the "landing" or "recovery" aircraft just be in the immediate area of the waypoint for a minute or two.

(in reply to Norm49)
Post #: 4
RE: Unload troop form a hélicopter - 6/5/2015 9:38:46 PM   
thewood1

It would be a big limitation if this were a ground combat game. Otherwise, it is something that has a pretty reasonable work around a scenario designer can use.

(in reply to Casinn)
Post #: 5
RE: Unload troop form a hélicopter - 8/6/2015 4:12:37 AM   
Norm49

Did it will be implant and wen? Ship can carry troop,for example the Russian Admiral Kuznetsov carrier can carry 100 troops. Helicopter have troops loadouts implant in the game, what was the idea of create these loadouts if the are useless and if we can not us them?

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 6
RE: Unload troop form a hélicopter - 8/6/2015 11:05:21 AM   
thewood1

I'm sure the devs can remove them if there is enough public support

(in reply to Norm49)
Post #: 7
RE: Unload troop form a hélicopter - 8/6/2015 11:39:11 AM   
renders

You can script it, community is full of tutorials and many scenarios has some example in them. there's a gift called LUA who allows you to do it with spawning and zone triggering. or do you want us to do for you a scenario exactly as you want and for free and then give it to you? by the way, ever tried reading the manual and mega faq? or the LUA tutorials? there's a world of options there!

(in reply to Norm49)
Post #: 8
RE: Unload troop form a hélicopter - 8/6/2015 11:52:07 AM   
ParachuteProne

quote:

ORIGINAL: Norm49

Not being able to droop the troops were we want is a big limitation but thanks for the answer.

Its on the list to be done in the future I believe along with improved ground combat. Probably not soon though.
You can vote for it to move up in priority in the Running Poll. See - Script-less amphibious/air landings .

(in reply to Norm49)
Post #: 9
RE: Unload troop form a hélicopter - 8/7/2015 1:40:49 AM   
mikmykWS

One day we'll get to it. The current implementations are products of what players have asked for and most seem ok with it.

Thanks

Mike

(in reply to ParachuteProne)
Post #: 10
RE: Unload troop form a hélicopter - 8/17/2015 10:43:53 PM   
Norm49

quote:

ORIGINAL: renders

You can script it, community is full of tutorials and many scenarios has some example in them. there's a gift called LUA who allows you to do it with spawning and zone triggering. or do you want us to do for you a scenario exactly as you want and for free and then give it to you? by the way, ever tried reading the manual and mega faq? or the LUA tutorials? there's a world of options there!

Yes i see some tutorials but, reference point are not rely practical when planing a big invasion.

quote:

ORIGINAL: ParachuteProne

Its on the list to be done in the future I believe along with improved ground combat. Probably not soon though.
You can vote for it to move up in priority in the Running Poll. See - Script-less amphibious/air landings .

Done

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

One day we'll get to it. The current implementations are products of what players have asked for and most seem ok with it.

Thanks

Mike

Well I can't argue with that. Other player a just not voting for what I want, except for the down pilot.

(in reply to ParachuteProne)
Post #: 11
RE: Unload troop form a hélicopter - 8/22/2015 7:24:16 PM   
Polleke2

I think this question is about the "raid on kismayo 2013" scenario.

I've also been looking in vain for a way to load these 4 marine plt in the ospreys.

What mission type do I use for an air assault ?.
Since I'm delivering troops I should land the aircraft or at least hover at ground level over the LZ to complete the mission. Since the LZ's are friendly installations I cant attack them. I used ferry mission, but once landed the aircraft went to readying status (Look mom ! Were fueling between the fuzzy-wuzzies)and I got no event trigger.

Naval commando OPS are an integral part of naval warfare and delivery of troops as actual payload by air, assault boats (anything from dingy to LCAC) and even subs, should be implemeted. This allows e.g for alternate pickups if air support fails to clear the LZ....

(in reply to Norm49)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Unload troop form a hélicopter Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI