Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[WAD] AAW Patrol prosecution area

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [WAD] AAW Patrol prosecution area Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[WAD] AAW Patrol prosecution area - 8/18/2015 8:14:01 PM   
cns180784

Well i'm playing this rebel yell scenario and for the first time i decided to set a prosecution zone for my TarCAP. With this, i believe my TarCAP are supposed to patrol the zone its given, and they are to intercept anything that enters the prosecution zone, is this right? well when an unknown contact entered the prosecution zone my TarCAP Gripens didnt intercept, they just carried on flying in their patrol zone. I had to tick investigate contacts outside patrol area to make them intercept the contact, and i know it was an enemy Mig 29 as it came from the enemy AB's direction with radar emitting and in the briefing it stated they had those aircraft.

< Message edited by emsoy -- 8/23/2015 3:18:23 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: AAW Patrol prosecution area - 8/18/2015 8:27:49 PM   
thewood1

Again, can you post a save?

(in reply to cns180784)
Post #: 2
RE: AAW Patrol prosecution area - 8/18/2015 8:49:24 PM   
Tomcat84

This is correct behavior. You need to tick "investigate contacts outside patrol area" in order for the prosecution zone to work

If you tick this box without setting a prosecution zone they will go faaaaaaar away to chase things. By adding the zone you limit them, but you do need to tick that thing or they will only engage inside the actual patrol area.

My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 3
RE: AAW Patrol prosecution area - 8/19/2015 2:07:13 AM   
mikmykWS

See detailed explanation of Prosecution areas below. You can find more documentation on the game here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3913621

quote:

New patrol option: Prosecution Area. You can now define an exact area you want units to pursue contacts during a patrol. Units assigned to it will not pursue contacts outside the area. To use: add and select the necessary reference points, press the prosecution area button and add/remove reference points as you would with the patrol area function. If no prosecution area is added the mission works as it traditionally did in that there is no threshold.

Prosecution Areas (PAs) serve two purposes:

a) They act much like a forbidden zone in that contacts appearing within them are marked for interception, but they also restrict the extent at which interceptions will happen. So if you want your fighters to e.g. be triggered only by bandits within 200nm of a protected HVU instead of “waking up” to contacts thousands of miles away, PAs are the solution.

b) They act as a “leash” for assets on a patrol; they effectively determine the extent to which the patrol assets can give chase to receding targets. If the bandit moves out of the PA, the defender is forbidden to follow (though it can still engage with weapons if feasible). This solves the problem of patrol assets over-extending themselves during interception, quite often falling victims to feints/traps.

PAs are supported in the UI by modifications to the Mission Editor UI, and are populated by reference points in the same way as existing patrol areas. They are empty by default, and in this case the AI behavior is the same as before (intercept bandits far away etc.), to facilitate existing scenarios.

Units that are assigned to a patrol with a prosecution area will target & engage only contacts that are within this area (or their patrol area). If they are not on patrol or their patrol does not have a prosecution area, the existing AI rules apply.
This makes it possible to create SAM ambushes (shoot at far less than max range), divide areas of responsibility for multiple patrol forces etc.

PAs work as intended only when the “Investigate targets outside contact area” option is enabled. Also, the “engage targets of opportunity” doctrine option overrides the prosecution area restriction.

< Message edited by mikmyk -- 8/19/2015 3:08:48 AM >

(in reply to Tomcat84)
Post #: 4
RE: AAW Patrol prosecution area - 8/19/2015 2:15:44 PM   
cns180784

Ahh yes, so i just tick that and it works, great. Cheers guys!

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [WAD] AAW Patrol prosecution area Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI