Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

One more with feeling

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> One more with feeling Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
One more with feeling - 5/16/2015 8:14:28 PM   
rroberson

Okay I am going to toss my hat back in the ring looking for a game. I generally have multiple games going at once but had to quit all online fun a few months ago due to life. Well life has calmed down and I'm ready for more.

I have played this game since they opened it to the public and will likely play it until after they close the doors. Most of my games have made it to 43, but I have known to surrender now and then before that. I have had two games get to 45, which was really cool. Despite my years playing I consider myself a rank novice as I really don't dig into the number crunching like some of the players here. Mostly I like making things explode.

I'm open to any of the long campaigns and what house rules we agree to. I prefer someone who can play multiple turns in a day as once I get going I can grind out two or three a day as long as wife 2.0 is bothering me to much.

My only requirement for a game is that we play two-day turns. The game moves a bit faster and it cuts down on my ability to micro-manage too much. Other then that I am open to most anything else. I will play either side but prefer to play the allies as just about all my experience has been playing the Japanese so I'm really still learning how to be a proper allied fan boy. I just downloaded the latest build (released in march I believe) so I think my game is up to date.

Tap me in this thread...in a PM and I will send you my email.

Fair winds.

Post #: 1
RE: One more with feeling - 5/17/2015 7:35:02 PM   
Longstrett

pm send

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 2
RE: One more with feeling - 5/17/2015 9:58:12 PM   
rroberson

I sent you a reply.

(in reply to Longstrett)
Post #: 3
RE: One more with feeling - 5/17/2015 9:59:09 PM   
rroberson

Still looking for a game as the allies...

I would be more then willing to take over someone's abandoned game...as I admit if I have to live through 42 one more time I might go Kamikaze :-).

(in reply to Longstrett)
Post #: 4
RE: One more with feeling - 5/22/2015 2:20:21 AM   
rroberson

Bumpity bump bump...

Still looking to scare up an allied game...or take over an abandoned one.

You guys are kind of making me worried that WITPAE isn't still going strong 10 years later...

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 5
RE: One more with feeling - 5/22/2015 4:09:19 AM   
JocMeister

I think its the 2-day turns. If I didn´t have a game already I wouldn´t have minded trying but AE players for the most part seems really scared to try out something they havn´t done before!

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 6
RE: One more with feeling - 5/22/2015 4:53:23 AM   
rroberson

lol...yeah...that I get it. It took a lot of convincing to get me to try 2-day turns. Once I got use to it though I was completely sold. You get a good solid flow of the game and you aren't locked into something that will take 5 years (assuming that players get in one turn a day) to complete. My last opponent the one game that we just about made it to the end finished in about 2 years and that was due largely to two day turns (and the fact he could turn around 2 or 3 a day).

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 7
RE: One more with feeling - 7/12/2015 10:27:54 AM   
1275psi

PM sent

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 8
RE: One more with feeling - 9/9/2015 7:35:19 PM   
rroberson

Bumpity bump.

I have a good quick game going and now am seeking a second one. I can settle for 1 day turns (for you micro-managers) but still prefer a quick game. My current Opponent and I get out about 4 turns a day and while it's unlikely I can find a second game to match that output...something quick would be good.

(in reply to 1275psi)
Post #: 9
RE: One more with feeling - 9/10/2015 7:38:13 AM   
Blind Sniper

Hello Rroberson,

unfortunately my game suddenly end rather early, therefore I'd like to play another one as Allied, DBB C scenario 28 with stack limits and new Asia road would be my preferred choice.

Surely I cannot play more turns in a day (maybe in the night or in the week-end) but I'm willing to try 2 day per turn.

I'm open to discuss HRs and so on if you are interested.

P.S: I'm a green player and I don't know if it is ok for you.

WitP-AE - WitE - CWII - BASPM - BaB

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 10
RE: One more with feeling - 9/10/2015 9:34:40 PM   
rroberson

Unfortunately, I am not really interested in the mods...mostly because of being too lazy to figure out where things go after the download. I have heard they are terrific and one of these days I will try one again...but I'm trying to stay vanilla for the moment.

(in reply to Blind Sniper)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> One more with feeling Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI