Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Distant worlds wont load.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Distant worlds wont load. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Distant worlds wont load. - 8/30/2015 12:54:36 AM   
randommonicle

Hello all,

Not long re-installed dustant worlds since the win 10 update, and now for some reason i dont seem to be able to get it to work. Tried running both from steam and the exe, the splash screen starts, and then it just crashes.

Here are my logs:
00:28:40 Initialize: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DWSteamAPI.GetAppID()
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Initialize(String crashLogPath)00:32:19 Initialize: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DWSteamAPI.GetAppID()
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Initialize(String crashLogPath)00:35:39 Initialize: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DWSteamAPI.GetAppID()
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Initialize(String crashLogPath)00:40:35 Initialize: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DWSteamAPI.GetAppID()
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Initialize(String crashLogPath)00:41:59 Initialize: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DWSteamAPI.GetAppID()
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Initialize(String crashLogPath)00:43:53 Initialize: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DWSteamAPI.GetAppID()
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Initialize(String crashLogPath)00:46:11 Initialize: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DWSteamAPI.GetAppID()
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Initialize(String crashLogPath)00:54:28 Initialize: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DWSteamAPI.GetAppID()
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Initialize(String crashLogPath)

Other Log:
00:14:32 Finalizer: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Shutdown()

Does this mean anythign to anyone?

Post #: 1
RE: Distant worlds wont load. - 8/30/2015 7:24:26 AM   
Bingeling

Post this in the tech support forum.

Do you have non-steam installers? Have you tried those? It could look like a faulty install, it seems to ask for SteamAppId and fail obtaining that. It could something as simple as a file with that ID not existing, for instance.

(in reply to randommonicle)
Post #: 2
RE: Distant worlds wont load. - 8/30/2015 7:43:42 PM   
randommonicle

sorry i thought i had posted it in tech support. Must of been looking at the wrong page. Rookie mistake.

I dont have any non steam installers. Its a weird one for sure. Will re post in the tech support forum.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 3
RE: Distant worlds wont load. - 8/30/2015 7:52:12 PM   
Bingeling

Unless you are limited on bandwidth, wipe the local files and download from scratch. It could help, in which case it is a rather quick fix.

Of course, it is just as likely not to help.

Post #: 4
RE: Distant worlds wont load. - 8/30/2015 8:03:54 PM   
randommonicle

Tried that. Thanks for the attempted assist, it is appriciated :)

It is odd, because the files it seems to want are in there.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 5
RE: Distant worlds wont load. - 9/8/2015 1:23:17 PM   
randommonicle

If anyone else has this issue, try switching to integrated graphics. Seems it doesnt like certain GPU's

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Distant worlds wont load. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI