Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

White flags?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> White flags? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
White flags? - 4/19/2001 3:14:00 AM   
Adamski

I am in the delightful position of having the Bosche to his knees in some far flung reach of Italy. Is it possible to register a surrender with Combat Command, whilst retaining points? Has anyone else discovered the Tiger killing proficiency of those little AEC mkII armoured cars?

Post #: 1
- 4/19/2001 3:23:00 PM   
panda124c

quote:

Originally posted by Adamski: I am in the delightful position of having the Bosche to his knees in some far flung reach of Italy. Is it possible to register a surrender with Combat Command, whilst retaining points? Has anyone else discovered the Tiger killing proficiency of those little AEC mkII armoured cars?
Yea a 2lb'er up the tail pipe can ruin a Tiger's day. There is actualy a verified report of an M8 Greyhound killing a Panther with it's 37mm. It seem that this Panther drove by the M8 in hiding, the M8 then drove up behind the Panther and pored 37mm rounds into the engine compartment until the Panther cooked off. Not something you want to do on a regular basis. :D

(in reply to Adamski)
Post #: 2
- 4/19/2001 6:17:00 PM   
murx

From the early BattleTech stories - sure you can take a stick bomb, attach it at the knee joint of a mech and imobilize it - but over how many dead bodies you have to walk ... don't ask... :) Seems this applies to Greyhounds battling Panthers - or AEC battling Tigers :) murx

(in reply to Adamski)
Post #: 3
- 4/19/2001 10:16:00 PM   
Goblincat

quote:

Originally posted by murx: From the early BattleTech stories - sure you can take a stick bomb, attach it at the knee joint of a mech and imobilize it - but over how many dead bodies you have to walk ... don't ask...
Grey Death Legion?

"And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming..."

(in reply to Adamski)
Post #: 4
- 4/19/2001 10:28:00 PM   
Adamski

The best thing about the AECs is the 5 rounds of APCR ammo that'll de-turret a Tiger head on from almost any range. Ah those 6 pounders. What about the surrenders though?

(in reply to Adamski)
Post #: 5
- 4/19/2001 11:03:00 PM   
Larry Holt

quote:

Originally posted by pbear: Yea a 2lb'er up the tail pipe can ruin a Tiger's day. There is actualy a verified report of an M8 Greyhound killing a Panther with it's 37mm. It seem that this Panther drove by the M8 in hiding, the M8 then drove up behind the Panther and pored 37mm rounds into the engine compartment until the Panther cooked off. Not something you want to do on a regular basis. :D
I read this but it was a Tiger. The Greyhound was sitting on security on a wooded trail, the Tiger went by the Greyhound popped out and started to chase the Tiger. The Tiger started to rotate its turret to the rear but the Greyhound won the race.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to Adamski)
Post #: 6
- 4/19/2001 11:30:00 PM   
panda124c

quote:

Originally posted by Larry Holt: I read this but it was a Tiger. The Greyhound was sitting on security on a wooded trail, the Tiger went by the Greyhound popped out and started to chase the Tiger. The Tiger started to rotate its turret to the rear but the Greyhound won the race.
You are probibly right it's been a long time since I read it, and I've gotten...... what was I talking about now? :D

(in reply to Adamski)
Post #: 7
- 4/19/2001 11:44:00 PM   
murx

Yep, first of the Gray Death Legion triology. Another cool thing in BattleTech are the hand-carried Inferno Missile Launcher - would like to see that too in a SF Mod for SPwaw. Is there some kind of sience fiction ? murx

(in reply to Adamski)
Post #: 8
- 4/19/2001 11:56:00 PM   
Mikimoto

Is there some kind of sience fiction ? murx[/QB][/QUOTE] Hello. It's difficult to make any kind of Science fiction if no Infantry armour is modelled. And with the actual engine of Spwaw 4.5 it is not possible. I asked for in another topic and this was the answer. Perhaps in 5.0 it is possible. Or in the Nex Generation SpWaW announced if the sales objectives are reached. Thanks and Saludos. :)

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

(in reply to Adamski)
Post #: 9
- 4/20/2001 1:59:00 AM   
Slayer

Been a few years since I read the Gray Death Legion books, but I still remeber the men with infernos cornering a Locust in an alley. I think those were the first Battletech books I ever read...

(in reply to Adamski)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> White flags? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI