Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is there no way to turn the audio off?????

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword >> Is there no way to turn the audio off????? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is there no way to turn the audio off????? - 4/24/2016 9:31:49 PM   
bombastulin

Or at least turn it down?

I hope I'm wrong and just being stupid here. Otherwise, I'm kind of angry that I pay top dollar for a game and it doesn't even have the most basic controls that I wouldn't buy an Apple 2E game in 1982 without.

Even a volume control? Those fire noises are ear-splitting, reverbrate through the entire house, and are not anything I want to hear at all. I would never in a million years have bought this game if I had known this.

Someone please tell me I'm being stupid, and how I can turn the sound off.
Post #: 1
RE: Is there no way to turn the audio off????? - 4/24/2016 10:46:15 PM   
bombastulin

Cool, by googling around enough, I figured out you can do it yourself in Windows 10 by opening the "Volume Mixer" (which I didn't even know existed). Glad to hear it, because the game looks fun otherwise.

Still . . . this is really basic. Give users some volume controls beyond whether to turn off the music.

(in reply to bombastulin)
Post #: 2
RE: Is there no way to turn the audio off????? - 4/25/2016 5:13:26 AM   
shoelessbivouac

This never occurred to me as an issue. I confess I find myself often fine adjusting my own Laptop's main speaker volume output for software / games. (With an ASUS, it's the fn and the + - key.)

OTOH, this is a very reasonable and modest request for future update inclusion.

For now, do try to adapt to the niche world we live in ... lest you die a thousand deaths by throbbing, punctured eardrums.

And, on the brighter side, if canons and musket fire reverberates throughout one's entire household, and just possibly beyond into the local neighborhood, you might very well attract the awe and envy of previously unknown local Civil War buffs and passionate reenactors who would like to join in. Just don't necessarily feel the need to invite them in for some of your family's specially prepared hardtack or homemade grits recipe passed down from your great-great-great grandma.

Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours --R. Bach

(in reply to bombastulin)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword >> Is there no way to turn the audio off????? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI