Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Looking for Experienced & Dedicated Japanese Opponent with a Strong Stomach: DaIronBabes C

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Looking for Experienced & Dedicated Japanese Opponent with a Strong Stomach: DaIronBabes C Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Looking for Experienced & Dedicated Japanese Opponent w... - 10/9/2015 12:56:19 AM   
MikeS4269

Mike (lb4269) & Michael (MichaelU) are back and looking for a committed Japanese opponent willing to go the distance in a GC DaIronBabes C.

I have been playing (on and off) this game engine since it first began with Uncommon Valour. I am a huge Japanese fanboy and have been studying the PTO theatre since I moved to Japan back in 2003. I studied marine transportation, am a crazy ship buff, love logistics, and have an unhealthy fetish for submarine warfare. I now live in Singapore.

MichaelU is a long-time friend and brother-in-arms. We met in Singapore playing Advanced Squad Leader, moved on to Star Fleet Battles, moved on to Federation & Empire, and then moved on to WitP AE (which was the best gaming move we ever made - hands down). Michael loves big and complicated and all-encompassing things that keep him up at night wondering whether he set his CAP properly. He also rather weirdly enjoys pilot training and knows more about tanks than any man I’ve ever met. He now lives in London.

We play as a team and divide up the workload and hash out ideas. We can almost always get out a turn a day, and on weekends and public holidays, we can get more in. Our favourite times are when we set up times with our opponent to hold tennis sessions and we swap turns in 30-minute intervals for as long as we can.

We have just completed our first GC which ran for three years and was an amazing experience. The Japanese Empire tossed us all over the map from Diego Garcia to central Australia to the SE Pacific to the Aleutians. We were able to stabilize the fronts, turn things around, and by late 1943 the tides had turned in our favour. With the KB still intact, we lost many sleepless nights, and then…. it was over.

For many valid reasons, our excellent opponent explained that the end was inevitable and that he felt it was time to throw in the towel. Tojo stepped down, the Emperor intervened, and the war came to a sudden and abrupt end. The Japanese had fought well and had challenged us over every ocean mile.

Sadly for the Mikes, there was no dancing in our streets on the day the war ended. The bourbon of sadness poured freely, and despite the distance, we cried on each other’s shoulders digitally as this new void filled our lives. We had spent the last three years living on the daily highs and lows of a great game – what was left in our pathetic mortal lives?

Ending in 1943 left so many things unanswered and so many possible futures lost.

For a time, the talk got crazy. “Let’s play Japan! If we do, we can guarantee seeing 1945 as we know we would never quit!”

As two guys who had just finished their first ever GC, and two guys who quaked in fear at the Japanese production models, it was too much for us to realistically do well. We had just gotten into our stride as an Allied player and were just starting to get into a comfort level with the deeper game – which brings us here.

We need someone (and I can’t stress this enough) who is willing to go the distance from the early thrashing of the Allies all the way up to (hopefully) the firebombing of Tokyo and the invasion of the home islands. I understand this takes an iron stomach. Until this first GC, I had never played the Allies in my life. I once had my entire CV force sunk in a Guadalcanal battle and kept playing on for another 45 days to do what I could (and only surrendered when my opponent figured out I was toothless and felt it was too cruel on me to continue).

We like to play with a historical feel and are willing to discuss house rules. We don’t use many, but we do feel that a few key ones helped to keep it close and tense for both sides. (I am told by my partner that I can’t be the sole negotiator in these house rules because, last time, I gave away the barn and the magic cow to boot; I really am sympathetic to the Empire!)

So, if you are that experienced, dedicated & committed Japanese player looking for some new meat to sink your teeth into (for the next five years and not a year less), please get in touch with us. We can swap CVs, make the prenuptials, and settle down for a great time. We are relatively easy going and feel this game is all about the experience just as much as the final destination.

MikeS
Post #: 1
RE: Looking for Experienced & Dedicated Japanese Oppone... - 10/9/2015 6:53:09 AM   
rroberson

best ad i have ever seen here.

(in reply to MikeS4269)
Post #: 2
RE: Looking for Experienced & Dedicated Japanese Oppone... - 10/11/2015 7:26:56 AM   
duettoalfa

agree!! I am in the same situation now, my 6th jap opponent has just quitted though he was winning all over the globe. I never managed to go beyond sep 1st. Too bad you're not taking up japan: your poor experience with industry&production would have balanced your great experience in tactics&strategies and I could have challenged you with my experience level.

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 3
RE: Looking for Experienced & Dedicated Japanese Oppone... - 10/11/2015 10:40:55 AM   
niblick

pm sent

(in reply to duettoalfa)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Looking for Experienced & Dedicated Japanese Opponent with a Strong Stomach: DaIronBabes C Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI