Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scen Editor - Course & Speed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Scen Editor - Course & Speed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scen Editor - Course & Speed - 10/31/2015 8:20:18 AM   
AlGrant

Is there a way in the scen editor to add a unit with an initial course and speed.
At the moment every scenario seems to start with all units facing North at 0kts.

I understand I could add a plotted course and run the scenario for a few seconds before saving but I see this more as a work around and with a lot of units and various events that can get a bit messy.

Post #: 1
RE: Scen Editor - Course & Speed - 10/31/2015 10:44:40 AM   
Tomcat84

The method you mentioned (running the scen a bit before saving) works but if you want to you can add your units via Lua and specify parameters like heading speed and altitude as required. You don't have to use the event editor for this, just come up with the appropriate script and run it in the Lua console. Hope this helps!

My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )

(in reply to AlGrant)
Post #: 2
RE: Scen Editor - Course & Speed - 10/31/2015 11:10:37 AM   
AlGrant

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tomcat84

The method you mentioned (running the scen a bit before saving) works but if you want to you can add your units via Lua and specify parameters like heading speed and altitude as required. You don't have to use the event editor for this, just come up with the appropriate script and run it in the Lua console. Hope this helps!

OK thanks, that does help. Not tried via Lua although I suspect it could turn out to be quite time consuming with many units.

Was kinda hoping that I'd missed something and there was some way to set it via the Plot Course and Throttle options that would set the initial orientation and speed when the unit was added.

Currently have 2 scenarios that I'm working on ..... mostly as an exercise in learning the Editor.

(in reply to Tomcat84)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Scen Editor - Course & Speed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI