Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Loading onto SCS?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School >> Loading onto SCS? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Loading onto SCS? - 11/19/2015 10:49:08 AM   
AndreasI

Sorry if I have missed the answer to this somewhere but I have looked around quite a bit. Can you load divisions on SCS's and go from port to port in some way? For transports it's no problem, just how to get the division on to the SCS while in port.
Post #: 1
RE: Loading onto SCS? - 11/19/2015 11:34:04 AM   
Joseignacio

You can load if both are at a port, or if the ship starts its movement in a port, crosses the port where the inf is and picks it, moving normally and ending in a port or at sea, in the last case they need to disembark or invade and so they spend their ground movement, in spite of when they enter the port (in this case the div could still ground move).

Otherwise you can move a ship to any sea and load the div from land to the sea. In this case the ship will end it's move there and the unit will only be able to go to ground (in any other case than the Return To Port movement) if you disembark or invade. If you do it this way, the units will not ground move that impulse, cause they already did when disembarking/invading.

This could be useful for example if you want to transfer units from Italy to Western Greece or Albania, for example.

< Message edited by Joseignacio -- 11/19/2015 12:35:14 PM >

(in reply to AndreasI)
Post #: 2
RE: Loading onto SCS? - 11/19/2015 11:39:00 AM   
rkr1958

You also need the optional rule, SCS transport (ON) under Naval Rules.

If so, just right click on a BB, CA or CVL while in port or while just moved to sea or to a lower sea box, hit the load button and a list of division that you can load will pop up. Pick one and load.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rkr1958 -- 11/19/2015 12:38:25 PM >

Ronnie

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 3
RE: Loading onto SCS? - 11/19/2015 11:45:29 AM   
AndreasI

My main issue is actually linked to gameplay rather than the rules governing naval moves/invasions/disembarking.

For example, let's say I have 2 inf corps and 1 inf div in Manchester as well as 2 transports and 1 SCS capable of carrying a div. I want to move all those units from Manchester to Portsmouth (just a simple example move to not get other rules like range and such in play). When I use the ocean-hex-double-click naval view I can easily click the inf corp and then click the transport to get them loaded. This, however, doesn't seem to work when I try to load the div onto a SCS.

In the ocean hex I could use the load from coastal hex option but that would, as you point out, force me to stop in that hex. So my question is how I do this in-game? Which menu is the smoothest?

Edit: I think that last post helped me, weird how I haven't tried right-clicking, will do that whenever I get home! Thanks!

< Message edited by AndreasI -- 11/19/2015 12:45:18 PM >

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 4
RE: Loading onto SCS? - 11/19/2015 3:42:19 PM   
paulderynck

When starting in port I use CTRL-left click on the port hex to bring up all the units in port (you can also use the Naval Review Details form) then right click the unit I want to load with a land unit. With the method I use, you also have to then select which units will move together before clicking on OK. The display of which unit is on which ship is not as intuitive as with the Naval Review Form, so be sure you pick the correct ship to right click on and load with cargo. I find the advantage of my method is it's easier to pick out all the ships that are to leave the port together.

Paul

(in reply to AndreasI)
Post #: 5
RE: Loading onto SCS? - 11/20/2015 12:53:29 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: AndreasI

My main issue is actually linked to gameplay rather than the rules governing naval moves/invasions/disembarking.

For example, let's say I have 2 inf corps and 1 inf div in Manchester as well as 2 transports and 1 SCS capable of carrying a div. I want to move all those units from Manchester to Portsmouth (just a simple example move to not get other rules like range and such in play). When I use the ocean-hex-double-click naval view I can easily click the inf corp and then click the transport to get them loaded. This, however, doesn't seem to work when I try to load the div onto a SCS.

In the ocean hex I could use the load from coastal hex option but that would, as you point out, force me to stop in that hex. So my question is how I do this in-game? Which menu is the smoothest?

Edit: I think that last post helped me, weird how I haven't tried right-clicking, will do that whenever I get home! Thanks!

The double click on the empty all-sea hex brings up the Naval Review Details.

As you noted, using that form units can be loaded onto naval transports and amphibious units simply be clicking on the 'cargo' and then the transport. That form can also be used to load onto SCS. Right click on the SCS you want to load and the program will bring up another form listing all the divisions in the port that can load onto the SCS. Once you load the division onto the SCS, the SCS will be displayed in the form in the right most column (for transports etc.), showing the cargo it is carrying.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to AndreasI)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School >> Loading onto SCS? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI