Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A bit confused about the pre start decision and impact on Directive 21

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> A bit confused about the pre start decision and impact on Directive 21 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A bit confused about the pre start decision and impact ... - 4/30/2016 10:15:14 AM   
sanderz

Hi all

Just bought the game and am on patch 1.03p (steam).

For the pre-start turn i went with "Moscow or Bust" but Directive 21 puts Moscow as the 4th priority (its done this in 2 different game starts).

The description of the "Moscow or Bust" decision that there will be no interference from Hitler so why isn't Moscow the number 1 priority? Have i just been unlucky with a hidden die roll or what?

Thanks

PS - the game looks amazing

< Message edited by sanderz -- 4/30/2016 10:17:01 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: A bit confused about the pre start decision and imp... - 4/30/2016 2:26:21 PM   
fvianello

I had the same behavior after choosing "military independence", but I was able to win after taking Leningrad even though Hitler's no. 1 priority was Moscow.

I think that Hitler goes on defining his personal objective priorities, but the game will use your victory conditions if you refuse to align to Fuhrer's directives.

H. Barca,
Surplus Consuls Dispatcher

(in reply to sanderz)
Post #: 2
RE: A bit confused about the pre start decision and imp... - 4/30/2016 3:38:49 PM   
sanderz

thanks, that makes sense

cheers

(in reply to fvianello)
Post #: 3
RE: A bit confused about the pre start decision and imp... - 5/1/2016 12:43:58 AM   
lancer

Hi sanderz,

HanBarca has it right. Hitler will always have a prioritised set of objectives. How much attention you need to pay to these depends on your chosen strategy.

'Support Hitler' is the only one where they have a direct impact as you're attempting to do as the Führer asks.

However, regardless of the strategy you chose, Hitler's objectives still have a big impact in making a lot of decision options cost more, or less, depending on how well they align with his current thinking.

You can see the effect of this in the 'Option Cost' report that is part of each Decision.

Cheers,
Cameron

(in reply to sanderz)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> A bit confused about the pre start decision and impact on Directive 21 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI